Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro presentation panel at NYCC (2013 line-up)

Default Hasbro presentation panel at NYCC (2013 line-up)

some pics up at TFW

the Prime Legion class Airachnid looks like a better toy than the deluxe version.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Hasbro presentation Panel at NYCC

Season 3 teaser, for Beast Hunters... (watch it here, in case it gets taken down)

Shockwave presents Megatron, his liege, the ultimate Autobot hunter. A Dragon walks out. Huge. That was Predaking from yesterday we assume. Did not show the dragon, just shadows and toenails.

Beasts are the Predacons. They were Cybertron's "Dinosaurs". Ancient race of Cybertronians. Wiped out in a great cataclysm.
    Beast Hunters toys
    (everything is a new mould unless noted)

Legions Class (wave 1)
    Bumblebee w/ SpikeBow
    Smokescreen w/ Chain Bolter
    Airachnid w/ Novastinger Bow
    Twinstrike w/ Piston Hammer (two-headed dragon like Sinnertwin - yellow/grey)

Commander Class (wave 1)
    Bulkhead w/ Nova Hammer (roadbuster colours - orange/green)
    Predaking w/ Cybervenom Rocket (dragon) (Predacon leader)
    ??? (third figure not revealed)

Cyberverse Vehicles (wave 1)
    Sky Claw w/ Smokescreen (blue/yellow redeco Legion figure) (vehicle - jet with grabber claw)
    Apex Armor w/ Breakdown (green/yellow redeco 2012 Breakdown) (vehicle - green/yellow/grey redeco/remould? of Bumblebee's 2012 Vehicle)

Deluxe Class (wave 1) (weapons have beast appearances, but might not actually be sentient beasts or drones)
    Bumblebee w/ Hawkbow (looks like the DOTM Wreckers) (remould of 2012 figure)
    Soundwave & Ravage w/ Thundertalon (remould of 2012 figure)
    Wheeljack w/ Falcon Spear (remould of 2012 figure)
    Lazerback/Laserback w/ Toxic Strike Blaster (red/yellow/black Gryphon)
    (note - it was spelt Lazerback on the slideshow, but Laserback on the sample packaging)

Voyager Class (wave 1)
    Predaking with Hydrafire Blasters (dragon... or 3-headed Hydra when missile launcher is attached) (first official image released here)
    ??? (second figure not revealed)

Sample Deluxe backing card shown - smaller card size to TFPrime.
    Mini story included (possibly with all size classes)to explain new direction of the story. Chapter one is shown, saying that a vessel of weapons was sent from Cybertron, and is currently located somewhere in the Asteroid belt. Bumblebee gets Wheeljack to take him to it.

Kre-O (Beast Hunters series)

Build sets
    Ripclaw Strike - Ripclaw (maroon dragon) w/ 2 Kreons (Ripclaw & Military Officer)
    Battle Net Bumblebee - Bumblebee (yellow offroad jeep) w/ Skystalker (mini blue dragon) & 2 Kreons (Bumblebee & Clutch (human with a name?))

Figure packs (mini-figure 2-packs)
    Trailcutter (Gen1 both modes) vs Grimwing (green dragon)
    Windcharger (Gen1 both modes) vs Corhada (blue snake)

Platinum Edition
    (Year of the Snake)

Omega Supreme - Energon mould with new claw arm to match WFC game, plus some other minor changes, and new colouring.
    Optimus Prime - Energon mould in Gen1 colours

Gold foil on boxes, with a front flap and carry handle.
    Amazon and BBTS exclusives in states. (likely to be in Asian markets like Year of the Dragon Optimus)

Partnerships

IDW - Rage of the Dinobots. After the Fall of Cybertron, and sets up the third Season of TFPrime cartoon.

Pack in comics with Generations figures.

Transformers Legends digital game. Showing art. Looks purdy.

Q&A from Seibertron.
    Are the upcoming Masterpieces coming to U.S.? Partnership with Toys R Us. No specific plans. But I would consider that they'll be here.
    Still moving forward with Transformers Universe MMO from Jagex
    Looking into bringing Arms Micron Unicron to U.S., but no set plans yet
    Beast Wars or "who knows what can happen" in 30th anniversary / 2014
    Talked about retail prices ... don't control retail prices
    Sgt Kup and Rumble last two figures before Beast Hunters
    Will we see Dinobots in season 3? Stay tuned!
    Teased that Bruticus in G1 colors at retail?
    Maybe and stay tuned to more Combiners. More to announce soon! Love the deluxe combiners.
    Will Unicron be showing up again? Stay tuned ...
    Keeping close eye on which characters from IDW comics are popular ... might translate as toys. Stay tuned!
    Teased that deluxe Smokescreen might be coming
    Want to make sure that all of the characters from the show make it out as toys
    Voyager Prime Grimlock possibility?
    Last edited by griffin; 12th October 2012 at 02:36 PM.

im pretty excited where the brand is going. Looking forward to it

Added into my post above a link to the preview clip, and a link to the first official image of Predaking, plus a very vague Q&A session at the end of the panel.

Not impressed yet. I was disappointed with every Beast Planet toy in Cybertron and the new Predacons don't seem to be any improvement on those, and the spiky remolds of the regular Prime deluxes look awful.

Another Trailcutter figure gives me hope that there will be a Deluxe "Classics" Trailbreaker sooner than later so that's a positive. But there's nothing in that list I would want to buy

Decepticon Guest

Not liking where this is heading! The word 'BEAST' in ANY TF product sends shivers down my spine.

Omega Supreme looks good though!

I'm just going to "cut & paste" my twitter comments:

• Okay, so the Upcoming "Beast Hunters" BB looks like a TF:Prime version of a DOTM Wrecker... Hasbro is really plucking at straws now.
    • Platinum: Omega Supreme is an insta-buy! - Exactly the right amount of retooling & repainting going on there!
    • Stop bloody hiding Predaking's Bot mode Hasbro, you jerks!
    • Okay, so @tfw2005 took the superior photos of the NYCC Hasbro/TF Panel - Soundwave might not have an exposed face but remold/tool intriguing
    • "Beast Hunter" weapons seem to be "MechTech" but slightly better executed, same play pattern though, Still seem grossly oversized on wielder
    • "Beast Hunter" DLX Soundwave has a lot of remolding going on as well as additional paint apps, in place of Laserbeak is Ravage.
    • Ravage plugs onto Soundwave's chest, as Laserbeak did before, however he splays out rather comically like road-kill on Soundwave's torso!
    • "Beast Hunters" line would also suggest a far greater amount of paint apps than what TF:Prime toys have received previously - This is great!
    • As is normally the case with Product Slides, Heavy amounts of Photoshop filtering going on but Soundwave seems to be primarily comprised of...
    • Black & Royal Blue, with Yellow, Silver & Purple highlights
    • Okay, "Beast Hunters" Wheeljack looks pretty friggin' cool too in his remolding! :O - Looks right out of Carmageddon!
    • F*** Yeah! "Beast Hunters" DLX Lazerback looks like the offspring of RiD (Basic) Bruticus & G1 (Firecon) Flamefeather!
    • I'm really diggin the looks of the actual "Beast" figures so far, "Beast Hunters" being Prehistoric Cybertronians is an interesting approach
    • "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking looks good but IMO the Leaderclass figure revealed yesterday looks "Grander", better suited scale-wise too
    • Voyager Predaking's weapons also transform into independent additional heads for the figure, ala Cybertron Scourge
    • Interesting to note too that the "Beast" figures of the "Beast Hunters" line will also be larger in mass/size compared to the 'Bots & 'Cons
    • So a Legion, Commander, DLX, Voyager or Leader Class "Beast" will be larger than that of the same classed Autobot and/or Decepticon figure!
    • Beast Hunters Kreo line looks rather... Meh - Kreo Cohrada is a disappointing homage but a nutty cool figure nonetheless!
    • Right! - Transformers: Generations "Platinum" Omega Supreme - Well done Hasbro, well done!
    • This "Platinum" Death Train is apparently the "Year of The Snake" version & is going to be an Amazon & BBTS exclusive
    • That is a BBTS & Amazon Exclusive "State-Side" - So doesn't seem to be secluded to a single market such as US/Can, Japan, Asia or Europe!
    • Both Prime & Omega are to feature Gold Foil packaging, nice but I fail to see the G1 Comic-inspired artwork, figure looks different inside!

After all this has been said and done though, we're likely never to see any of these products locally.

^I agree with all of the above :-)
    Soundwave looks pretty interesting as do most of these new toys. I'll be buying ALL the deluxe and voyagers as they turn up for preorder at BBTS/TFsource (as is standard procedure for me) and I'm considering that Omega Supreme as I don't have that mould and it does look pretty exciting.

Interested in Omega, can't say I am impressed with most of it. Though I am starting to collect the Kreons lol

A few thoughts :

• Twinstrike/Sinnertwin and any other Terrorcon homages are bought
    • I think they should up the age limit on Deluxe Bumblebee - he looks like he will seriously hurt me if I touch it
    • Lazerback's bot mode reminds me of BM Strika
    • I'm hoping that reduced packaging hints at a focus on more cost efficient shipping method and does not equate a continuation of Generation FOC's reduced size/plastic quantity of Deluxe transformers
    • Kreon Ripclaw looks like he'll make a promising deluxe figure
    • Other Kreon Beasts look interesting too: Skystalker, and to a lesser extent, Grimwing and Cohadra
    • Have they dropped Omega as a Headmaster in lieu of a more cartoon accurate head? I do not see the Headmaster sitting in his little cockpit in death train mode.
      Love the repaint though, will add onto wishlist as I don't have this mould.