Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime - 41 - Toxicity

Default Transformers Prime - 41 - Toxicity

Well written episode, I'm wondering if anything can be done for the situation. I highly doubt it though...

Ah well. RIP Bulkhead, what a trooper.

Absolutely loved this episode, Marty Isenburg has done it again!
    Soundwave, Ratchet, Wheeljack & even Raff were superbly handled in this episode; Great story, awesome action and sweet character moments - Easily my favourite episode of this season, possibly of the series!

===Spoilers Ahead, yo===

s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r

s
    p
    a
    c
    e

I like how this episode ties in with previous ones and also ties up a few ends with the whole concurrent chronology thing (e.g. what Fowler said to actually vacate that Arctic base so quickly). Pretty neat. Not sure how I feel about it ending with the same cliffjumper as the last ep though.

Also... why didn't Bulkhead just treat the Toxic Energon like a "hot potato" by throwing it several hundred metres ahead, then run over, pick it up and throw it again. That way he'd get it closer toward the volcano and minimise tactile contact with it. Instead it was like, nope... he's just gonna keep holding onto this thing that's gradually harming him with prolonged physical contact. :/

Did anyone else lol at Fowler's "i can has cheezburger" line?

I still don't get why the government is willing to put Fowler in charge of monitoring the Autobots - even with the knowledge that civilian children are involved, yet they don't commit any military assistance. :/ In this regard I think the Bayverse movies made more sense... some might say that the Bayverse stories sometimes focus too much on the army at the expense of the Transformers, and I wouldn't say they're wrong -- but I think TF Prime has almost ignored the military who should be more involved (ya know, given the threat of a hostile alien presence). The Autobots might have better luck if they had their own equivalent of RAAT or NEST. e.g. if some operatives tagged along with Bulkhead, they could carry the toxic energon while Bulkhead covered them from the Insecticons. Even if the government didn't want to spend money on maintaining a special task force for the Autobots, surely Fowler could just rangle up some military assist from time to time, as he has done in some previous eps... like when Fowler led a squad of helicopters to attack Airachnid (who in turn scanned Fowler's chopper for her alt mode).

Interesting how we also saw the first unique/named Insecticon with Hardshell. Choice of name is interesting too, as we know that Hasbro are unable to use the name Bombshell... does this mean that Hasbro are definitely planning on giving us an Insecticon toy? I personally wouldn't mind Deluxe or Voyager size -- but I can imagine some fans preferring Leader so that he can tower over Voyager Bulkhead. But I don't have a lot of faith in Hasbro pumping out good Leader Class toys (it happens so infrequently)... I'd rather a good solid Deluxe or Voyager over a half-baked sound-gimmick loaded Leader. :/

Or here's what I'd do if I were Hasbro:
    + Release Hardshell as a Voyager
    + Release a Deluxe and Cyberverse Insecticon, then repaint these moulds in every subsequent wave. Give them not only a variant paint scheme, but different names - Kickback, Shrapnel, Barrage, Chop Shop, Ransack, Venom. But definitely keep them at the carded price point to enable affordable army building Reusing the same mould keeps down R&D costs and allows Hasbro to make more money from the same moulds, and giving them different paint variations and new names -- thus making them look like new characters, will be more enticing to retailers and more fans. Pretty much works the same way as Seekers.

But what are the odds that Hasbro won't do this in favour of more Bumblebee repaints?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Absolutely loved this episode, Marty Isenburg has done it again!
    Soundwave, Ratchet, Wheeljack & even Raff were superbly handled in this episode; Great story, awesome action and sweet character moments - Easily my favourite episode of this season, possibly of the series!
    Wrong episode there Hursti
    This is the next episode, which follows Bulkhead

Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZY6pIlWEIc

Definitely well written.
    I also like how the Insecticons are like wolves, there are some stronger than others but they stay as a group. Unless stated otherwise, like in this episode.

Pretty good episode, pretty sad when Bulk was having his flashbacks, Hardshell was kinda cool too. not too happy that it ended right where the previous episode did

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime;302228Also... why didn't Bulkhead just treat the Toxic Energon like a "hot potato" by throwing it several hundred metres ahead, then run over, pick it up and throw it again. That way he'd get it closer toward the volcano and minimise tactile contact with it. Instead it was like, nope... he's just gonna keep holding onto this thing that's gradually harming him with prolonged physical contact. :/

Did anyone else lol at Fowler's [i
    "i can has cheezburger"[/i] line?
    My guess for why he didn't continuously lob the Tox-En is probably because he didn't want to let it out of his sight, since if he did an insecticon might be able to get to it before he does.

and yeah I lolled too

Screw throwing it. Ground bridge him straight to the top of the volcano? And even if the ground bridge only allows your current location to base, then at least ground bridge him to base then straight back to the top of the volcano? I mean, what's one second or two worth of toxin in the base gonna do while they recalibrate the coordinates to the volcano's peak? Can't be THAT much damage if BH is able to walk that much distance with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Screw throwing it. Ground bridge him straight to the top of the volcano? And even if the ground bridge only allows your current location to base, then at least ground bridge him to base then straight back to the top of the volcano? I mean, what's one second or two worth of toxin in the base gonna do while they recalibrate the coordinates to the volcano's peak? Can't be THAT much damage if BH is able to walk that much distance with it.
    ^This.

I guess you guys better write to the writer's . make them see that if, they're gonna make up a dilemma to make sure there' isnt an obvious solution to it straight away coz it just annoys the heck out of the people watching... Im sure some kids wouldve thought of that too and just went, "meeeh.... ah well, lets just keep watching it..."
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Or, just, you know...take it back to base inside the canister it was in...