Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Why not just get the trade and not support pirates? It's called waiting for the trade for a reason.

Back to the question I asked. Anyone looked at binding for the comics they own?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Why not just get the trade and not support pirates? It's called waiting for the trade for a reason.

Back to the question I asked. Anyone looked at binding for the comics they own?
    you cant expect gutsman to wait.

as for binding comics this is the first ive heard of it, looks like a good idea but i dont think i could bring myself to do that to my precious comics

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    you cant expect gutsman to wait.
    This.

And I'd pay for digital comics if i could use them with my preferred reader, but i can't so I won't.

Same goes for tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    as for binding comics this is the first ive heard of it, looks like a good idea but i dont think i could bring myself to do that to my precious comics
    I recall when I was very young my library having some bound issues of the Incredible Hulk (but you couldn't borrow it).

I stumbled across that link a little while ago and liked the idea for the books that haven't been reprinted.

My individual (nonTF) comics look to be down to just over one long box. Primarily Uncanny X-Men (and Classic X-Men) and (adjectiveless) X-Men, with X-Treme X-Men, Age of Apocalypse, Claremont's Fantastic Four Run, about 10 each of X-Factor, New Mutants, X-Force, Generation X, TMNT adventures, and a few other random books.

Looks like a much more manageable and focused collection now.

Hey Paubot, what are you thoughts on Marvel now having the front and back covers now printed on the same paper as the interior pages?

Such a bad move, I will be collecting trades from now on, also, like you, because I dont and wont really revisit single issues and am likely to read 'em again!

I guess Marvel are pushing for the digital age. I was flicking through my gf's AvX issues, and seeing that 'AR' augmented reality symbol on almost every friggin' page WTF?!

For Marvel's books I made the switch to TPBs back around 2003/4 so I haven't seen that but I've read about. It was about then that everything Marvel produced appeared was been collected and it's only been the odd issue I've bought since then.

AvX is just poorly written and that is truly depressing for an event that is crucial to tie up loose ends, provide some kind of resolution for the past 4-5 years etc.

It seems the artist and writers just have no passion about it what so ever - with JRJR phoned in art, comments like Hickmans 'yeah last time we saw Hope, she was running out of an electronics store, but now she has jet plane, and Im not sure what issue, if at all, that got covered in, it keeps getting bigger and bigger and only the editors can keep track of it all.'

I'm probably going to offend a number of people with this , but I picked this up a little over a month ago for $20 at Big W:

Attachment 5579

Spider-man is my favourite Super Hero , but I'm ashamed to say that most of my knowledge of him comes from the 90s Cartoon show ; I'd very much like to start reading some actual comics and have been recommended the "Maximum Carnage" Arc thanks to Bartrim , but sadly and annoyingly I've got an ever increasing list of Books that I own but have yet to read and fear that any Spider-man reading would likely be a long ways off.

hmmm can't recall if I ever posted any comics here but anyways...

a few years ago I was lucky enough to find this limited edition one shot comics with signatures from the creative theme at Kings Comics in the city. I have previously read this from a copy of my friend and really had a blast and a lot of laughs reading it but since it was a one shot out of production comics I didn't pursue getting it - even tif there was ebay - I thought, naaah , not a priority.

but, a few weeks ago I saw 2 more alternate covers of the same 1 shot comics in my local PZ (no sigs this time) so I was uuming and ahhing if I should get it since I wanted to give it a copy to my friend who is massive comics collector back in Philippines - he's read my copy and really enjoyed it while he was visiting here. Didint get it til like a wekk ago when I thought - it would be a nice present since he did say he wants one but since it was out of prod already and he doesnt like ebay so since there was 2 more at PZ I thought what luck - coz I want an extra copy so I can keep the signed one pristine.

so here we are now

I'm keeping the one in the right
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    AvX is just poorly written and that is truly depressing for an event that is crucial to tie up loose ends, provide some kind of resolution for the past 4-5 years etc.

It seems the artist and writers just have no passion about it what so ever - with JRJR phoned in art, comments like Hickmans 'yeah last time we saw Hope, she was running out of an electronics store, but now she has jet plane, and Im not sure what issue, if at all, that got covered in, it keeps getting bigger and bigger and only the editors can keep track of it all.'
    The X-Men have managed to sit out most of the big Marvel crossovers (except for the odd tie-in miniseries) but obviously not this one. I'm not hearing much good about the main story, although some of the tie-ins are okay, just a mess of continuity.

It annoys me that this new status quo change comes just a year after the last one (Schism). I'm generally sick of Marvel's yearly events though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I'm probably going to offend a number of people with this , but I picked this up a little over a month ago for $20 at Big W:

Attachment 5579

Spider-man is my favourite Super Hero , but I'm ashamed to say that most of my knowledge of him comes from the 90s Cartoon show ; I'd very much like to start reading some actual comics and have been recommended the "Maximum Carnage" Arc thanks to Bartrim , but sadly and annoyingly I've got an ever increasing list of Books that I own but have yet to read and fear that any Spider-man reading would likely be a long ways off.
    I saw that book the other day and thought it looked pretty good. I was trying to think of what Spider-Man's stories to recommend. I liked the recent "Spider-Island" story (so much so I'm using a pic from it as my facebook photo at the moment), and apparently Amazing Spider-Man's been quite good since Dan Slott took over as sole author.

I do recommend the original Ultimate Spider-Man series. I didn't like the ending (tied into a big dumb Ultimate Universe crossover) but it was a book I always looked forward to getting the next trade of.