Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: February Acquisitions

Woo, my TF United Jazz has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    Im living in HK at the moment, eventually will head back to Aus, probably when my collection is bullet proof

If you are a serious toy collector, then visit Singapore and Hong Kong at least once a year. The dollar is so good (not for me though) and airfares are cheap. One big haul in a weekend will make up for dribs and drabs throughout the year.
    Completely agree with UM there. And if HK and SG are not enough, one can always fly to Tokyo over the weekend for less time and money than it costs to fly from Sydney to Perth/Darwin (as an example).

Hasbro items are also widely available here (but some pieces are strangely not seen), but with the Takara versions also widely available and at roughly the same price, there is very little reason to go for the Hasbro ones if one can wait a month or 2.

UM, I'm just back from Tokyo/Hokkaido, but got your little note about meeting up. Let's aim for that over the course of this week or next if you are free?

PS: Strange as it sounds, Hokkaido was amazing for G1 vintage TFs... amongst other good stuff, I got another Goodbye Convoy giftset is very near C9 condition with near complete paperworks... woot! Cost me less than what it would cost to get vintage C9 versions of Prime, Mirage and Red Alert on eBay...

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Completely agree with UM there. And if HK and SG are not enough, one can always fly to Tokyo over the weekend for less time and money than it costs to fly from Sydney to Perth/Darwin (as an example).

Hasbro items are also widely available here (but some pieces are strangely not seen), but with the Takara versions also widely available and at roughly the same price, there is very little reason to go for the Hasbro ones if one can wait a month or 2.

UM, I'm just back from Tokyo/Hokkaido, but got your little note about meeting up. Let's aim for that over the course of this week or next if you are free?

PS: Strange as it sounds, Hokkaido was amazing for G1 vintage TFs... amongst other good stuff, I got another Goodbye Convoy giftset is very near C9 condition with near complete paperworks... woot! Cost me less than what it would cost to get vintage C9 versions of Prime, Mirage and Red Alert on eBay...
    Cool! I'm doing a Mong Kok, Ya Mai Tei run this Friday afterwork - feel free to join! Getting something for a few members

Another good thing which could be the cheapest option is an airasia or jetstar flight to Singapore.

Go to Singapore and make sure u get to go to the collector fair every weekend at China Square Central.

Things are generally the same price as Aus in Sing Dollars (which is 30-35% less than Aussie). Everything will be a 35% off sale and you will find so much stuff just there. Then go to all the other hobby shops over a day or two and you are laughing.

Eventually when I leave HK, I will probably come back 1-2 times a year and buy all my toys then. So much easier and less stress...

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    Cool! I'm doing a Mong Kok, Ya Mai Tei run this Friday afterwork - feel free to join! Getting something for a few members

Another good thing which could be the cheapest option is an airasia or jetstar flight to Singapore.

Go to Singapore and make sure u get to go to the collector fair every weekend at China Square Central.

Things are generally the same price as Aus in Sing Dollars (which is 30-35% less than Aussie). Everything will be a 35% off sale and you will find so much stuff just there. Then go to all the other hobby shops over a day or two and you are laughing.

Eventually when I leave HK, I will probably come back 1-2 times a year and buy all my toys then. So much easier and less stress...
    Being from SG myself, I completely agree with what you said.

I'm glad that you are helping members get stuff. It's something I'd really like to do (but have not offered yet) because my work hours are erratic and the missus really wouldn't be too happy if I spend my spare time buying and packing and sending stuff rather than with her.

I'm going on a run to Yau Ma Tei tonight because the shop owner there has reserved some rare G1 items for me. Just want to pick them up fast. As he usually says, 'if these things ever see the light of a display cabinate, they will be snapped up faster than a hungry dog's breakfast'.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

I'm going on a run to Yau Ma Tei tonight because the shop owner there has reserved some rare G1 items for me. Just want to pick them up fast. As he usually says, 'if these things ever see the light of a display cabinate, they will be snapped up faster than a hungry dog's breakfast'.
    This sent shivers down my spine- excited for when you blog about it!!

Ahhh all this HK talk. I aim to go back either end of this year or next year hopefully for a decent haul this time.

As for acquisitions:

My box from RK arrived- but its at the PO... so will pick em up tomorrow with pics hopefully- includes:

-UN Megs
    -UN Jazz/ Tracks
    -UN Grapple
    -Generations Dirge

Found and bought RtS Wreck-Gar.

If anyone is interested, there's still quite a few left at Target Castle Hill including Perceptor and Bumblebee. There was also a RtS G2 Prime in Kmart.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

My haul from Singapore...not much I know and missed out the Toy Fair on the weekend at China Square Central!

Rodimus was from RK; but paint job on spoiler is a mess out of the box

Yay, finally got my Lugshnut from the Post Orifice and he...is...awww-summm!

Also received me little rubber Wasp coaster from http://www.artscow.com/ (yes I can't let Animated go *sobs* It was taken too early)

So beginning of February was my birthday and naturally it's been a pretty busy month

So far I've bought

PCC Bombshock
    PCC Double Clutch
    PCC Icepick
    PCC Sledge
    Generations Thunderwing
    Generations Red Alert
    Reveal the Shield Perceptor

And a couple of comics:
    The Last Stand of the Wreckers (this is such a freaking awesome series!)
    Drift #1&2

TFA Lugnut from SGB, love the automorph gimmick on his chest. In hindsight shoulda got this guy ages ago, hes awesome.

I can see now why Lugnut gets mass love.