Thread: Cyberverse Overview Review

Default Cyberverse Overview Review

Included are:
    Commanders/Legions/Sets

OP Set
    Disappointing. It has a great firing missile platform but the rest of the base is not great. It as a mech walker mode which is disappointing. This could have been great if the tyres were good quality and so roll along the ground. The tyres a really bastardised, one set is solid and part of the plastic body, while the other is some lame plastic cheap crap making it feel like a knock off. The trailer has no swivel and clips on the back with no movement. As a display in truck mode, given the rear trailer tyres are placed at the back it looks good. The missile is good and only one. Why everything else only has one missile? OP is coloured into G1 colouring. Verdict = Buy lone commander.

Meg Set
    Better than OP and has tyres actually like the mack tyres. Only fires from one side which is cheap and lazy. Works nice as truck mode but again no swivel to the trailer, it is all one piece. Has lame jetpack mode but its just taking the battle station and lying it down. Megs has blue on his head looking like the damage in dotm but the head is still whole. Verdict = Good buy if dont already have lone commander.

SS Set
    Lame. All the way through the modes it has a trolley thing underneath. It reminds me of trollies from hotel room service. Used to store ss in space mode but ss is loose and not good. Feels like it is going to break the plastic opening and closing the underneath bit, expect many to break in long term. In the movie it did not have this underneath trolley part. Looks good used as the ship from the movie but battle station mode is a bit of a let down. Again only one missile when could have used two. This ss has tattoos but single version is plain without tattoos. Verdict = good to grab for jet mode in film and somewhere ss can feel like a king standing on his perch lol. More screen accurate paint for ss. May be sized comparable to the ark.

BB Set
    One of the best ones. There is a ramp thing just like on the ark. There are 2 gatling guns? or space bridge ports? Come out and zip down the ramp :P. It is a better executed attempt at a play set. Could have used more weapons. Works as nice car carrier. Verdict = buy.

None of them feel like they connect to the ark nicely, its just some added extra crap to splurge on the box for added promos

The Ark
    Big spaceship. Comes with roller. Roller itself is a cool llittle figure. A lunar rover who can sit inside to drive it. The ship opens up and has a jail cell. The doors have an automatic spring lock which can be bothersome. It has a medic bed with detachable arm. Can get 4 arms and attach on all sides. The space on the wing i dont know what its meant to be, nothing? lol. On the other side there is a space bridge with five pillars. A ramp to roll cars down in the centre and can fire oen missile. Other weapons from sets can be attached! Reminecent of mighty max, cool for kids and as a display piece for collectors. Other elgends/commanders can interact. Verdict = buy especially if you own a playset or two. Even just for roller.
    more to follow....
    Last edited by Autocon; 11th July 2011 at 05:44 PM.

Decepticon Guest

The Op and Megatron sets include the Commander size figures where as BB and SS are legion figures. I have the OP and Megatron and Megatron is pretty good IMO. Currently thinking of ideas to make Primes wheels on the trailer look better.

Its and affordable line

Quote Originally Posted by blurrprime View Post
    Its and affordable line
    Not at standard Kmart and Toys R Us prices.

Yeah, I agree. The RRP for Legion Class is alright, but everything else is overpriced. I got Commander Class Powerglide at full price just cos I couldn't be buggered waiting for a sale... but Sentinel Prime I got on sale, and all my boxed Cyberverse toys I got on sale too. So glad I didn't pay full price for them. The Optimus Prime toy w/ trailer is rubbish and Starscream w/ Orbital Assault Carrier isn't much better. The Ark is alright, but I'm so glad I got it at $34 and didn't pay the full $60 RRP... I'd feel mighty ripped if I had.

As far as collectable & connectable TF playsets go, Micromasters > Cyberverse. The only main downside with Micromasters are all the little bits that can get lost, especially ramps!

I actually did want to buy Cyberverse Commander Prime though because he comes with the trailer and can't be stuffed spending money on Ultimate Prime or that Takara Voyager PRime

I love the Commander line because it allows me to buy key characters from the movie e.g. Sentinel Prime and Shockwave, without spending money on the more expensive / larger versions.

Since I have most of the movie class from the first two films, I'm able to fill-in the gaps using Commander toys
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]