Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon US items (available to us)

The reply to my latest message is that they got the "correct" weights from their vendor... which could be Hasbro.... so I'm not sure if they are saying that someone on their end didn't enter them in correctly, or, that the excessive weights were given to them by Hasbro and they consider them to be the correct weights.

They said that it should have only taken 3-5 business days to fix, but is taking longer than normal to fix. (it's been seven weeks since I first reported some items)

Idiots.... they're complete idiots.

Someone has finally gone through and changed the weights of all but the Legends Bumblebee and the Sunder/Rewind Disc 2-pack.... BUT, they've just been lazy and changed everything to 1 pound, which is about 454grams. Yes, almost half a kilo for all those items I listed several posts above, no matter how small they are.
    (those two unchanged Legends sets are still 7.2 pounds)

That might sound like a huge improvement, but for the Cmdr figures, it's still 5 times their real weight, and still over double the weight of the Deluxes.
    Sure, their shipping fees are pretty good, but this still blows out the cost of these items, preventing any real saving.
    I put in the three Cmdrs I want, and even though shipping is a reasonable US$20 (compared to what USPS charges these days), it still comes out to AU$19.28 each, which is more than AU retail.
    (three Cmdrs that are the correct weight has US$10.14 shipping, which I guess is too good for international postage... maybe I'm just getting greedy, after being used to these sort of shipping prices)
    Unfortunately, there's nothing else on Amazon that I want at the moment, to offset the weights of these three small toys.

Typical... I find a site that is too good to be true for my expensive completism, and the forces of the Universe find a way to spoil it.

you're not being greedy griffin. they're either being lazy or dishonest.

Looks like most of their Transformers items are on sale at the moment, at 25% off.

Just look out for the items with 1 or more pounds of weight in their description... but if you buy enough of other items at this sale, it probably won't matter including one or two "wrong weighted" items.

They have GEN Springer and Blitzwing back in stock ($23), as well as the Combiner Kreon sets ($11). And still a fair few Beast Hunters toys that haven't shown up here (yet).

So they have Springer and Blitzwing for $22.99 each, but the 2 pack is $85.99.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

With shipping Springer came to $37.50AUD.

Not too bad
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    With shipping Springer came to $37.50AUD.

Not too bad
    Exactly what I paid for my Blitzwing - I'm glad it was only that though, I like him but sadly there are a few disappointing issues with him.

If this keeps happening, it may just be cheaper to send it to a mail forwarder and get free shipping within the US.

The one I use, ShipitTo has big discounts for economy airmail with insurance, nd its been saving me a fortune for shipments from the Transformers club. I think I'l use it for amazon now, because there are fewer and fewer new release items that are AmazonGlobal eligible anyway
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Amazon now has Metroplex for pre-order. I've just ordered mine, only $40 in shipping which is a bargain given the size!
    International shipping available
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Amazon now has Metroplex for pre-order. I've just ordered mine, only $40 in shipping which is a bargain given the size!
    International shipping available
    That's pretty damn good indeed! - If I hadn't already PO'd the Japanese version at HLJ I might've gone with this option for sure.