Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: BotCon 2015 news

Just noting that all of the Convention related pages of my Adventure report are now done, with just the three pre-BotCon pages left to do and the two Pre-Con tours (which aren't Transformers related).
    The "before" page took a while to do, but today's semi-rant in the post above gave me the introduction I needed to finish it off nicely.
    (the "before" page is a time-line archive of the news and announcements in the 8 months leading up to the Convention, plus my planning for the trip with some tips for long-distance travelling)

When the remaining pages are done they will be noted in the BotCon topic that is in the meets section, as those pages aren't BotCon news, so would be off-topic posting it here.

They charged 50, asking for 12.95 more.

But it's already posted and out of Chicago....

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    They charged 50, asking for 12.95 more.

But it's already posted and out of Chicago....
    That's what disgusts me about them.
    They confess to checking all the orders to see how much shipping was paid, and chase up people when they are short by about $10, but keep quiet on the orders that they see have over-paid by $50-70.

I just found that the BotCon site had photo galleries of this year's convention (like usual - I just didn't remember to look as FunPub and Pete have been rather quiet since BotCon this year).

Things worth noting...
    - Dealer Room photos taken from the second floor windows, which I should have thought about doing, because I saw them and wondered what they were for. You get an idea of how big the dealer room is from those photos, and also how empty it was, as most years it is like "sardines" busy.
    - Photos of Frank Welker during the photo and autograph sessions, plus him receiving the Hall of Fame award (which no one else was allowed to take photos of).
    - the Golden Ticket dinner/reception, with one lady who was in as many photos as the actual guests... because she caught our eyes all night (fatbot and I, and the guy who was at our table)... and obviously caught the eye of Lanny (the photographer).
    - a couple of costumes that I missed seeing, but not very "robotic" ones, as it took me a moment to work out who they were (Animated Lockdown and TFPrime Knockout).
    - and you get to see the walk-in crowd lined up at the start of Saturday... which looks like a lot, but I've seen bigger queues in previous years that stretch around the whole block of the convention centre.