View Poll Results: GEN Minicon Team - Worth buying?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 63.16%
  • Only if cheap

5 26.32%
  • Only if (other)

0 0%
  • No

1 5.26%
  • Not even interested

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Mini-Con Assault Team

I bought this figure because it was a combiner and it was worse than I expected. Heavytread suffers the most as a individual bot but the others aren't stellar by any means. I was surprised that each figure were closer to Legion size rather than the Minicon size that I was used to (i.e. Unicron Trilogy).

The combined mode has proportion issues and it has decent articulation. However, parts like to pop off when combining and the way Windshear attaches to Runway wasn't done well. There's also the resulting gap in the torso which ruins the figure. The set could have benefit from lighter colours because the abundance of black hides all the sculpting making him look like one large lump with arms and legs.

In terms of value for money, he has the play value I guess, but he also feels smaller than your standard Deluxe due to the increased parts number (I think). Overall, only buy if you like Combiners and your standard of one isn't too high.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    The cockpit keeps falling off my Windshear...
    mine too.

Aside from that and the gape in the chest when in gestalt mode it's an okay figure for me. The individual bots are more to my liking than the combined mode though. I hope they make more. Even though it is a minicon but in IDW verse it's not a cybetronian but rather another alien mechanoid race altogether.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I quite liked these three little guys. The only real challenge with them though is they come in Centuritron mode so you have to figure out how to split them up as the instructions don't say. But except to put them all back into gestalt mode the instructions (which are blue instead of red or purple - very cool the mini-cons got their own colour ) are not needed as all have very easy transforms. Interestingly I adore helicopter TF's yet Windshear is my least favorite of the 3. I think Runway looks the best overall and Heavetread looks like a bulky mother. Certainly worth getting in my opinion, very fun little guys! The comic is quite cool too and a welcome bonus

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    The cockpit keeps falling off my Windshear...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post

Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    mine too.

Yep, and mine

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    (which are blue instead of red or purple - very cool the mini-cons got their own colour )
    Transformers Armada'd