Thread: 2.2m metallic (Movie) Optimus Sculpture.

Default 2.2m metallic (Movie) Optimus Sculpture.

I'd first heard about this middle of November when someone at work showed me a photo of it at a Brisbane (Rocklea) Market. I hadn't heard anything else of it until now when I got an email from the agent selling it, who listed a number of info links about the item.

Looking at the Ebay Auction topic, Canofwhoopass and Jetfire had both posted its listing on ebay in the last few days, so this isn't new news.

The unusual thing about this though, is the way the agent is offering an incentive to other people to promote the item, by giving them about 10% commission on the sale price. Not to mention all the extras that are unnecessary and just a bit too vague (like tickets to something that is 18 months away).
    He also seems to be targetting the item to businesses, as if it has the potential to sell for over a million dollars. If it were an accurate rendition, or was an actual movie prop built by an official source, it would have a better chance of selling. But this lump of (scrap) metal will probably rust within months if not properly protected from the elements.
    It's first listing didn't attract any interest as an auction, and now the second listing has a buy-it-now of $47,000.

It sounds like the agent or the artist is rather desperate to get rid of this item, with all the unnecessary bonus stuff and financial incentives being thrown around.

But ignoring the sale side of things for now (at least in this topic), the creativity of this piece is fairly impressive.

We have about 500kg of scrap put together over a few months into a 2.2 meter statue of Movie Optimus Prime.

It has been displayed at a few markets in Brisbane and Gold Coast, and now it looks like the artist wants/needs to sell it off by the 20th December.

For more details on the creation of this item:
    http://www.buyoptimus.com/
    More photos here.

The first ebay listing.
    The second ebay listing.
    The financial incentive for others to help sell this item.

haha it is very impressive. I wonder who bought it...
    -=≡OrionPax≡=-

Knights of my untidy study

someone bought it? surely not...?!

The listing ended after its seven days, so didn't get any takers.

no suprises there. Its ridiculously expensive and not many people will have enough space to display or keep that
    -=≡OrionPax≡=-

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    This one helps you dry clothes too!
    -=≡OrionPax≡=-

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    But this lump of (scrap) metal will probably rust within months if not properly protected from the elements.
    Bits of it already look like they are rusted.
    lol, what a peice of garbage. Sure, maybe it's better then some people could do, but it's just scrap metal.

Also lol at the supposed "value" of the free gifts.
    FREE BONUS GIFT #4: Every Single DVD and TV Box Sets of the transformers, from 1985 - now valued at over $750
    Also available from any JB HiFi for $94.99