Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Transformers : Homeward' Short Film

Project is still alive, been focusing on it much more as of lately thus I haven't said much as usual on the boards.

On background shot 505/785. Getting there.

As a reward for your patience I'm sharing you a sneak-peek look at the rendering time for the current background shot I'm working on. Look at the render time. 10+ HOURS. And the final shot only lasts 5 seconds. Can you guess what is in this shot?

You're going to some amazing lengths dude, I've absolutely no doubts in my mind that with the level of effort & detail you're putting into this project, it'll come out looking absolutely incredible! - really looking forward to it.

If I had to guess, I'd say that looks like the bridge of the Ark?

SkyWarp91 - out of curiosity, what software are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd say that looks like the bridge of the Ark?
    Yes, yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    SkyWarp91 - out of curiosity, what software are you using?
    Bryce 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Yes, yes it is.
    Well, TBH it was either that or the Axalon that was going to be my guess - Awesome work tho dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Well, TBH it was either that or the Axalon that was going to be my guess - Awesome work tho dude!
    Thanks man for the comment.

Just got back from a week away from the studio comp and am back into production. I'm almost done with the digital backgrounds altogether now and started getting back into the hang of using Sony Vegas (yes it's got nothing on After Effects or Final Cut but you'd be surprised what can be achieved using a simpler software - except Windows Movie Maker that just sucks altogether).

On another funny yet sad note,

Only just recently I actually looked into the film 'Birdemic' out of curiosity, I have seen it mentioned on the boards here before but thought just by the title it wasn't even worth looking at but I'm glad that I did. Some members here know that I'm one of the many common Nguyens, and well - the director of Birdemic is a James Nguyen. I use the artist name 'Wolfgang Nguyen' because Nam Nguyen, my actual name is pretty much the Vietnamese version of Michael Smith and as silly as it sounds I take this amatuerish film-making career seriously and thus to make a name for myself that hasn't already been shat on James I will soon change my artist surname.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Bryce 7.1
    Okay, so that makes you the resident Bryce 7.1 expert then.

Perhaps in future I could get some Bryce tips from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Okay, so that makes you the resident Bryce 7.1 expert then.

Perhaps in future I could get some Bryce tips from you?
    Sure man, and there's a fella called David Brinnen on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/davidbrinnen), I think he's one of the creators/major contributors but I basically learned all my skills from his videos.

Well it's been roughly six months and I can say that 3d background rendering is basically finished. I'm rendering the final shot as I speak and will soon setup my green-screen studio later today. And no this is not an April Fool's joke lol.

Green Screen is some hard work. It's really annoying trying to get rid of the colour, without getting rid of some of the object.
    Looking good so far, I hope you get some great results.