Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Unreleased Gen2 toys on ebay

There are six unreleased Go-Bots here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNRELEASED-T...-/181465999404 In two hours it's gone from 99c to over $1000.

Some of the final prices of his other items...

Soundwave Lasercycle on card - US$3,550
    Jazz Lasercycle on card - US$1,880
    Gen2 Breakdown on card - US$1,325
    Autojetter & Autolauncher - US$688
    Test-run BW Dinobot - US$620
    Test-run BW Waspinator - US$380
    Test-run BW Tarantulas - US$331
    Gobot Highbeam mockup card - US$224

I thought that the Beast Wars Test-run figures would have gone higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    There are six unreleased Go-Bots here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNRELEASED-T...-/181465999404 In two hours it's gone from 99c to over $1000.
    Interestingly enough these molds were actually used later for the RID series and the early Universe series (transitional packing) as G1 Characters like Silverstreak, Prowl, Mirage etc.

Prowl 2
    Sideswipe
    Sideburn - Bottom of page
    Daytonus

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Interestingly enough these molds were actually used later for the RID series and the early Universe series (transitional packing) as G1 Characters like Silverstreak, Prowl, Mirage etc.

Prowl 2
    Sideswipe
    Sideburn - Bottom of page
    Daytonus
    Yep, four of the six did eventually see release seven years later in RiD, but two of the moulds have never been released... making it a valuable set (along with all six having unreleased colour schemes).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Interestingly enough these molds were actually used later for the RID series and the early Universe series
    Yeah, I know that, but not in those colours, and two of them are completely unreleased Transformers moulds - how often do those come up for sale?

The set of six gobots ended up selling for US$3,800.
    A bit more than I was expecting, since four of the moulds ended up being released anyway and are some of the least popular TFs toys, while the other two could have been bought for a lot less on their own (as there were a number of these pre-production samples hitting ebay recently).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The set of six gobots ended up selling for US$3,800.
    A bit more than I was expecting, since four of the moulds ended up being released anyway and are some of the least popular TFs toys, while the other two could have been bought for a lot less on their own (as there were a number of these pre-production samples hitting ebay recently).
    Some one must really want to complete their go-bot collection.

Either some people didn't pay up, or this seller had some multiple sets, as he's listed up items for a second time with Buy-it-now amounts that are close to what the auctions sold for.
    ATB Megatron and Starscream - BIN US$2,499
    6 unreleased Gobots - BIN US$3,799

Plus three new items for Auction.
    Redeco Combat Hero Optimus
    Redeco Combat Hero Megatron
    Gen2 Dragstrip

Have any of you guys been reading the g2 menasor thread on tfw? Getting pretty interesting

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...-ebay-103.html

This is from the Winner (High Prime) to the Seller (starwarsproto)

This has nothing to do with giving your items away or how friendly you are to the community and they with you. It is about being forthright and honest. This is the bone with which I have contention. It has come to a head in the past week as I wrestled with the facts since the auction.

Your auction states:

"This is the finest example of this piece that will ever be offered anywhere, it does not get better than this."

"Is highly unlikely that you will ever find a better conditioned grouping of these items, this is truly an once-in-a-lifetime auction."

Your auction was misleading at best and a bold faced lie at worst - You have another one - exactly like it. You have another bagged G2 Menasor (also with no head) and you demonstrated this over written communication and video which you played back for me over your iPad of you unwrapping both G2 Menasors after I signed that I had received my G2 Menasor; the same video format you've been posting on YouTube (which are all gone now). You've always known you've had both. Forget about all of the other G2 Menasors people may or may not have in their collection, forget about the Toy Hunter, forget about the 3rd G2 Menasor you have in your possession which was also shown in the video (and is not as far along the process as the 2 in the bag bringing your total G2 Menasor ownership to 3 at the time).

All I want to do is return this to you and get my money back, but I'm willing to listen to alternate solutions to make this whole so we can go on with our lives. You are a nice guy in person and I still hope we can get this done with a positive outcome in the end for us both. We can work this out and get everyone back to focusing on the items you have to share which are of considerable interest to the Transformers community.

Let's take care of this, man.

Wow

If true, that is quite the bombshell. I will have to start following that thread again.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain