View Poll Results: JP LG-60 Overlord - worth buying?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 83.33%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not planning to get it

1 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP LG-60 Overlord

Default Toy Review - JP LG-60 Overlord

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Overlord with Giga & Mega
    Series - Legends (Japan)
    Sub-line -
    Size/class - "Leader"
    New/remould/redeco - Minor redeco of Hasbro Overlord, with two "Titanmaster" heads
    Wave - n/a
    Released here - Not here (out in Japan JAN 27th)
    Approximate Retail Price - About 8500yen
    Approximate Size - about 30cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Fighter Jet + Tank, Base
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Headmaster
    Main Colours - Black, blue, white, purple
    Main Accessories - Gun, shield/nosecone, 2x heads.

I’ve never even touched the G1 toy (though by gods I’d love one!) and did not pick up the Titans Return Skyshadow or Overlord. I even bypassed the 3rd party Carnifex so this is my first time playing with both this character and this toy mould. I must say I am quite impressed all up! Sure the transformations are a tad simplistic but with a multitude of modes and two Headmasters this toy has a LOT of play value. If you have not picked up one of the aforementioned toys then I heartily recommend you give this figure a go – well worth both your money and your time.

I've put up a very detailed review of LG60 Overlord with lots of pics on my blog HERE

Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 1st February 2018 at 03:44 PM.

It looks amazing!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Opened up mine and I have to say, I was thinking of cancelling him as he didn't really do it for me. But I'm glad I didn't. She looks so much better in hand than the photos on the internet make them look.

Robot mode is cool with a great selection of joints and stuff. Vehicle modes are fun, alothough the jet mode mode really does have a robot hanging off the bottom. I do wish the tank turret rotated as well, but hey.... Base mode... left me a touch cold, I wish there were some ramps or something leading down to the ground, he just needs a little something extra. I'm not entirely sure what that extra should be though.

The combined tank/jet thing is eeeaaaugh. Looks stupid and is loosely connected, making it not even funny-looking stupid, just stupid. However it isn't a mode that I care about enough to degrade my overall love for Overlord.

Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I’ve never even touched the G1 toy (though by gods I’d love one!) and did not pick up the Titans Return Skyshadow or Overlord.
    For those who may not have seen, I have posted comparison pics between G1 and TR Overlord on the TR Overlord review thread.

I went and bought a LG Overlord too (currently in transit). Expect to see my TR Overlord on my sales thread soon.

Galvatran Guest

That vehicle combined mode. Wow, just wow! Where the whole is less than the sum of it's parts. Much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    That vehicle combined mode. Wow, just wow! Where the whole is less than the sum of it's parts. Much less.
    It's G1 accurate.

Got this toy today and quick thoughts comparing it with TR Overlord...

* Definitely nicer colours overall
    * LG has better decos on the tank but TR has better decoes on the jet.
    * Yes! Tampographs>stickers!
    * The chest-gimmick is gone on this toy, replaced with two false Godmaster engines.
    * The chest doors on TR Overlord look much better in terms of both sculpting and deco.
    * Love how it comes with Giga and Mega and not... *sigh* Dreadnaut (sic). Dreadnaut (sic) is still a neat little Titan Master on its own and the head mode objectively (i.e. G1 bias aside) looks better than Giga and Mega. But coming with two Headmasters instead of one is better, especially as it means 2 pilots for the jet and tank.
    * Mega transforming into a feminine head for Overlord is pretty weird. I guess they had to do something with the second Headmaster's head mode.

Vehicle mode

Giga Overlord

Mega Overlord

Comparison pics between LG60 and G1 Overlord

Vehicle modes

Robot mode - chest doors closed

Robot mode - chest doors opened

Giga and Mega

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Comparison pics with Titans Return Overlord

Jets

Tanks

Mega, Giga and Dreadnaut (sic)

Robot modes

LG's faux Godmaster engines vs TR's Titan Master compartments

Giga and Mega in TR Overlord's compartments

Head swap

Awww, don't they make a cute couple

Arms up!

Base modes

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's G1 accurate.
    Is the combined vehicles mode something in the cartoon (which the JP Legends prefer to homage), because it isn't an official mode for the Gen1 toy.

I have watched the JP cartoon.... once, several years ago... so can't remember.