Thread: AUS 2009 Toy Fair - preview...

Default AUS 2009 Toy Fair - preview...

Okay, the Australian Toy, Hobby and Nursery Fair starts in less than a day, and some preliminary info has been released to the retailers in their monthly publication, to give us an idea on what to expect tomorrow/this weekend.

First up, the big one - the Hasbro exhibit - and the main feature this year, according to the preview book, will indeed be Transformers.

The preview article doesn't say anything about what they will have on display with Transformers, but that image above was on the front cover of the monthly publication sent out to every toy retailer who is registered with the Toy Association.

Sports Cards/Ikon Collectables - TF2 Movie merchandise. Items that could be on display include, 3D character Magnets, keychains (figure, talking and projection varieties), dog tags, danglers, electronic busts, leather carry cases (PSP, DS, iPhone, iPod), watches, Whizz watches (shown below), walkie talkie watches, projection/light/sound alarm clocks, image projection torches, 3D talking money boxes, and bobble heads.

Hunter Leisure - Costumes. Probably just TF2 character costumes (for kids).

Those were the only three exhibitors that had mentioned Transformers products in the preview book, but I will be looking around the Fair for other merchandise license holders.

I will also be checking out and reporting on a number of other toy distributor exhibits, plus Hasbro's entire display - including Lego, Funtastic (TMNT), BBC (Dr Who), Haven Licensing, Modern Brands, Moose Entertainment, Mecanno, and any other major toy distributor.

Expect the Transformers report in this section (which should 'hopefully' include spoilers), while the non-Transformers report will be posted in the non-TF section. I'm also not sure how quickly I can post up the photos and info, because of the problems I had last year. I will try to post as much as I can on the Friday (depending on internet availability, and amount of spare time), but might have to post the rest Saturday night when I return home.

Hope that gets you guys a little interested. I just have my fingers crossed that we do get access to Hasbro's exhibit, and this isn't all just getting your hopes up for nothing.

Is the 30 May date for ROTF toys release in Australia new news?

Nah, the last week of May was posted a while back, from a previous article in the Retailer magazine.

One thing I missed from the post above - the Hasbro exhibit might also have the new TFs Mr Potato Head (Bumblebee), to be released in June. Same deal as the Optimash Prime, with Bumblebee bits to attach to the 'spud'.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Those watches are cool. You can finally settle the bet, who would win a race, r2d2 or a dalek?
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------