Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GEN Apeface, Astrotrain, Spinister and Crosshairs

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wow - this is great compared to the boring first couple waves we're into the exciting stuff.

Drooling over Apeface, he looks so good. I'm really impressed. Surely we have to get Snapdragon now?

Not a fan of the locomotive mode on Astrotrain but overall happy with the figure. Glad I didn't get the TR version now. I thought they executed the Springer figure better though.

Spinister is fantastic. I don't think I could be happier with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Spinister is ruined by the completely unnecessary fake cockpit.
    Nope, the fake cockpit is great. He has a cockpit on both feet, people complain about seams/transformation lines in alt modes, this way Hasbro fixes that and people still complain. Can't win.

I do understand that people feel that it's cheating but in my opinion if it looks good in both modes that's all that matters.

Crosshairs I was so looking forward to but I'm disappointed. I'll get him because I skipped the Ironhide and will skip the Ratchet however I'm really hoping that Pointblank and Sureshot get new moulds.

I can see pointblank as Counterpunch but would rather not. Cannot see Sureshot from Mirage. Maybe Slapdash from Mirage... hopefully new mould for Sureshot at least.

Will be getting all of this wave and doubles of some.

These guys look pretty good. Apeface looks awesome even as a non-fan, as does Crosshairs.

Astrotrain looks nice, but a bit weird. IRL pictures will probably give a better perspective.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Sad because I actually rather liked the TR Astrotrain, but glad to have a train mode that actually looks like a train!

Cybertronian steam locomotive, sure why not - I kind of love the silliness of what they're doing with these 'totally not Earth' altmodes. Astrotrain's a definite buy for me, the others no - they look fine so far as I'm any judge, but they don't fit into my back-in-the-80s plan. Now what I need to do is convince myself that just because I won't need to buy these ones doesn't automatically mean I can buy Omega Supreme, even though I'd already managed to talk myself out of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Sad because I actually rather liked the TR Astrotrain, but glad to have a train mode that actually looks like a train!
    Same, I really like the tr version but I am confused as to why both vehicle modes are very close to earth modes if it's before astrotrain came to earth.

(added mirrored images to first post, and extra details)

I noticed that Spinister must have a second fake cockpit, as he has one on each foot... a bit like Studio Series Grimlock having a second fake dino head so that there is one on each shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Crosshairs is a really good reuse of the Ironhide mould.
    RE-Use or was Ironhide a Premould, I really like the Crosshairs, makes me nearly regret buying the Ironhide as I try to reduce my purchasing of too many of the same mould.

I think the titans return Astrotrain, while not a great Transformer had much better 'Cybertronian' Alt modes.

That Apeface is looking outstanding.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Nope, the fake cockpit is great. He has a cockpit on both feet, people complain about seams/transformation lines in alt modes, this way Hasbro fixes that and people still complain. Can't win.

I do understand that people feel that it's cheating but in my opinion if it looks good in both modes that's all that matters.

Crosshairs I was so looking forward to but I'm disappointed. I'll get him because I skipped the Ironhide and will skip the Ratchet however I'm really hoping that Pointblank and Sureshot get new moulds.

I can see pointblank as Counterpunch but would rather not. Cannot see Sureshot from Mirage. Maybe Slapdash from Mirage... hopefully new mould for Sureshot at least.

Will be getting all of this wave and doubles of some.
    I can't get into it. I'd infinitely rather a seam and half a cockpit for each shin, but then I can't take seriously the people that say that they're upset with transformation seams.

re: Mirage into Sureshot, I could see it with remolding of the front half. The back half of Mirage is chunky enough to be used as the rear of a buggy.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty Fantastico View Post
    Cybertronian steam locomotive, sure why not - I kind of love the silliness of what they're doing with these 'totally not Earth' altmodes. Astrotrain's a definite buy for me, the others no - they look fine so far as I'm any judge, but they don't fit into my back-in-the-80s plan. Now what I need to do is convince myself that just because I won't need to buy these ones doesn't automatically mean I can buy Omega Supreme, even though I'd already managed to talk myself out of it before.
    80s Astroboy justified a robot steam engine by having it service a coal mine. It is not too difficult to explain an alternatively fueled Astrotrain.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    RE-Use or was Ironhide a Premould, I really like the Crosshairs, makes me nearly regret buying the Ironhide as I try to reduce my purchasing of too many of the same mould.
    Quite possible, since it's what they did with Sky Shadow and Overlord a few years ago. Personally I think it was more to do with the alt-mode Ironhide sported in the WFC video game and the fact he was shown on Cybertron at the start of the Bbee movie, and they want to tie into both with the Siege WFC toyline. But yup, it's certainly a possibility that Crosshairs was always on the cards and even the original inspiration for this mould.