Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

I made a narky comment saying:

Due at the Org: well first of all, thanks for bring such happy thoughts to a happy topic lol

but Im sorry those of us that loves this line still win, we are getting more MOTUC figures, No body put a gun to peoples heads and made them buy subs.

Me: No but I am sure if they could, they would have.

I wonder if Scott has ever shot a moose?
    They are saying stuff like 'wow dude, that is inappropriate'. I am sure this will get me banned but I don't see how it is "inappropriate" from some taboo perspective as they are implying although it is sarcastic and cynical.

The gun bit is a response to what the guy said about Mattel not pointing a gun at us to buy a sub and the shooting the Moose bit is a reference to the 2008 US elections in which the Republican party focused on fear Tactics and personalities to sway voters (Sarah Palin).

I don't really care if I get banned, I had it with the Org. The general mentality there is disturbing.
    Last edited by kup; 8th August 2012 at 12:18 PM.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

lol, you crack me up!

You could probably explain yourself, but in the end - why bother? They're not listening. Can't find your post, so it's probably been deleted anyway.

The Sub/Mattel-Cronies are back attacking all us "Cherry Pickers"... now thumbing their noses up at us that we won't get the figures. Wow, and they call us "petty"? Nice bunch of people! Can't wait for the inevitable first screw up Scott/Matty/DR does... you just know it's coming As for not getting figures on DOS... we shall see. I guarantee I will have Ram Man in my hands without going to ebay!

The post is indeed deleted. I doubt they would try social reconditioning with me again and probably have me banned into exile permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I feel happy that MOTUC will go on for another year but at the same time, I am disappointed. During this whole Sub sales period, Mattel has used dodgy coercion and fear tactics to get fans to subscribe along with the same old tired and unfulfilled promises which fans have once again given in to.

Mattel will do nothing to fix the line's problems and I am sure that the same QC and Customer Service issues will continue onto 2013 despite the cost increases. We will also be getting the same :hmconf::hmroll: Scott chosen/made up characters. Mattel/Scott will not learn from this because they now know that if they do enough fear mongering, they will get people's money without having to actually fix the issues affecting the line.
    I made a similar post at the Org and it got deleted! I don't see anything offensive about it, it was just me stating my opinion on the situation

Thanks for the support at the .org, guys. I have sincere doubts that they truly went from 92% to 135% in one day. Did you see the ecstatic video of Toyguru in a party hat? I suspect that dirty tactics meant that guy just made his Christmas bonus.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

You know it's funny... today I've received over half a dozen txts, emails or FB msgs all saying the same thing: that this whole debacle was rigged. Now, some of these people are hard core MOTU fans, some aren't. But not ONE of them genuinely believes Scott or Mattel's "story" that they miraculously got there at the Eleventh Hour (even more so when it comes to the DC Sub... that thermometer crept up very suddenly and very rapidly!) The only two places where I can find people who believe Scott, and feel they've saved the line, is the Org and Pixel-Dan's site. I'm not even saying it to be mean, I can honestly tell you I can't find another group of people who are saying they actually believe this story.

Now, I'd love to see another forum or site that contradicts my findings. But EVERY major Toy site/forum on the net, and all the people I know (and some I don't know very well) on FB, etc... are calling BS on this one! And many of us here called it early too.

It's played out exactly as we expected: Scott has come off as a hero, the fans feel they are responsible for the line continuing, those pesky shadowy figures in Management have been silenced for another year, the self-congratulatory speeches are being made, and 2013 is continuing... all as expected! On the flip side, a generic promise of better customer service from the "Digital River Service Team" (not a specific individual), the announcement of "Big Surprises" by Scott, and the "relief" that the line is continuing, have all smoothed over the real issues that Scott/Matty won't acknowledge with actions, just mere promises.

Good luck to those of you who bought a Sub. I totally support your right to do so, as I would hope Subbers support my right to buy stuff on DOS (although that may not happen). And even though I'm not either one myself, I really do hope that PoP and Filmation fans get the figures they deserve. For me, I'm really only after Rammy and Snake Men from here on in!

That's right Scott... No Lashor, we bash ya!

Yeah, I fully expect my decision to Sub to come back and bite me on the ass, but it's something I plan to keep on top of. But i will be damned if I'm paying fifty+ bucks for Jitsu, dammit!

This thread/poll is certainly interesting:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Toyguru-Mattel

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    This thread/poll is certainly interesting:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Toyguru-Mattel

My response:

"If by 'trust' you're talking about honestly, then of course not - they're a corporation that can make money from dishonesty, fronted by a shyster. If you mean do I trust them with - say - my credit card details then, yes, clearly I do."

So he's gone from claiming that we should have all vintage MOTU plus core FILMation, POP and NA by the end of 2014 (which would need to comprise at least 40 new toys from the unannounced half of the 2013 subscription plus 2014) to "Whether we can do 12 figures or just 6 remains to be seen."

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...oyguru-s-posts