Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

nice!!
    i dont mind that more and more 3rd party groups are popping up.
    especially when they have pro skills and designs like these!
    hells yeah im getting them!!

good thing i managed to nab me a couple of g2 pimes early on...
    cos i wouldnt want to be paying the extortionate prices when the upgrades get released!

Minibots look good, a really nice G1 upgrade rather than a redesign.

The G2 laser Prime trailer is interesting, it'd make me think about purchasing the figure if the end product looks as good as the concept art.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

i prefer the igear seaspray which has a ball joint elbow instead of this one.

the g2 prime trailer is definitely what im most interested in.

the annoying thing is their devastator - we wont know anything about it for a while and tfc's version will start to be released soon.

6 figures costing $600... and only one per month so there won't be a final review until you've bought it all anyway... and I'm sure most people won't want to buy both versions. *rages*

UNLESS maybe this new devastator is a different size...

[/headache]

I find it rather sad that these company's are doing a better job at making Transformers than Hasbro...I love the designs...Hasbro should be looking at hiring some of these guys to do there designing and sack some of the one they have now because frankly some of the stuff they have bought out the last 5 years is crap.its minor thing but such things could be fixed before going into production..IE classics Ironhide, need I say more..who the hell didn't notice that his head faces down on a nearly 45" angle... personally I love all my Transformers but some of the designs could of been done better and with a little bit more thought....my 2 cents

Sigh. I'll probably get that G2 Trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabias Prime View Post
    I find it rather sad that these company's are doing a better job at making Transformers than Hasbro...I love the designs...Hasbro should be looking at hiring some of these guys to do there designing and sack some of the one they have now because frankly some of the stuff they have bought out the last 5 years is crap.its minor thing but such things could be fixed before going into production..IE classics Ironhide, need I say more..who the hell didn't notice that his head faces down on a nearly 45" angle... personally I love all my Transformers but some of the designs could of been done better and with a little bit more thought....my 2 cents
    I have heard this a lot and although I agree with the sentiment, I do not agree that this will result in better toys from Has-Tak-Tom.

Has-Tak-Tom already has very talented designers and sculptors. The problem is that there is a lot of external/internal influences and demands from corporate sectors that affect the final product. This could be something like Marketing, retail demand or the whims of the brand manager or someone in the corporate hierarchy.

So if the same people that are making all the awesome 3rd party stuff gets employed by Hasbro; they would be forced to conform to the corporate business models and plans which would restrict what they can or want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Sigh. I'll probably get that G2 Trailer.
    I want but I need a G2 Prime first....

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have heard this a lot and although I agree with the sentiment, I do not agree that this will result in better toys from Has-Tak-Tom.

Has-Tak-Tom already has very talented designers and sculptors. The problem is that there is a lot of external/internal influences and demands from corporate sectors that affect the final product. This could be something like Marketing, retail demand or the whims of the brand manager or someone in the corporate hierarchy.

So if the same people that are making all the awesome 3rd party stuff gets employed by Hasbro; they would be forced to conform to the corporate business models and plans which would restrict what they can or want to do.

I your right on the money there....

which do you think is better? this or the tfc one?

This is apparently a much smaller figure which IMO works better than TFC's as it's likely to be more in scale with Crossfire Superion and Bruticus. I also hope it is more reasonably priced too.

This looks to be the Classics Devastator that I have been waiting for - If the prices are fair and the robot modes decent, it is bought.

Edit:

Here is a size comparison!

http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1310028395.jpg
    Last edited by kup; 7th July 2011 at 06:36 PM.