View Poll Results: How do you rate the FOC game?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

28 65.12%
  • Good

10 23.26%
  • Passable

3 6.98%
  • Terrible

2 4.65%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Review - Fall of Cybertron

Yup, loads of us are having issues with the g1 retro pack. Waiting until later today to try redeeming the code again, hopefully it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Played up to chapter 5 on hard and man can it be unforgiving.
    Wow. I'm up tp chapter 3 on easy and have died quite a few times. I must suck
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Much better than War For Cybertron. I really appreciate all the effort the developers went to in order to try and fix some of the problems from the first game. I loved playing as the Combaticons. It was defiantly the highlight of the game for me and the Vortex/Brawl banter was fun. The animations were smooth, the games overall design was great and the controls were simple and worked well.

The weapons were a lot more entertaining this time around as well. The variation and the ability to upgrade different weapons for different battles was a big plus.

The level where you play as Soundwave really put a smile on my face. Those of you that have played it could probably guess why.

So I have finished my first play through on hard, and will defiantly be going to have another go, find what I missed and hopefully get a few more trophies.

All in all I wouldn't call it a groundbreaking game, but it is defiantly the best Transformers game I have ever played.

G1 Retro Pack code now active, just redeemed mine

Sounds like they ruined the best part of WFC for me...

(no, I haven't been able to pick up my copy yet to find out)

Escalation was my favourite part of WFC, because it didn't get predictable/boring like the campaign, and you weren't taking on other people (which sometimes creates grudges if you get targeted for being weak, or can make you feel bad if you end up targeting someone else).

FOC however, requires four players, and all four players MUST work together if you want to proceed through the levels. (in WFC, you could act independently if it ended up being safer for you, and 5 of the 6 maps was easy enough to play it yourself)
    Since they only have four characters for each allegiance, and it sounds like you need four players in each game, until they add more characters (as DLC), your team of four has to be the same four characters, EVERY TIME.
    And at this stage, the first two DLC packs don't have anything for Escalation, while the third one in 4 weeks time (25th Sept), doesn't sound like it does either.

At least I still get a lot of fun from the WFC Escalation. If this one does end up sucking, I can still play the old one for a while yet.

Anyone played Escalation on FOC yet?
    Is it better or worse than WFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    My review after playing for 2 hours can be summed up in one sentence.

"I wanna chuck a sicky tomorrow"
    These were my exact thoughts last night too, lol. Can't get over how cool the vocoder/robotic voices are, they send a shiver down the spine.

I'm liking the game so far... but for some reason I can't describe it's not enthralling me like WFC did. <shrug> Maybe because I started playing WFC while I was on holidays, but not so with FoC (I did a butt load of marking before I bought this game tonight to free up my evening... so maybe my brain is just too numbed to properly take this game in ).

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    On a sidenote, has anyone had trouble with their DLC? The code I have for the G1 pack won't work for me, say it's invalid. The other 2 worked without a hitch. I've called up Sony support to see if they can help. Weird that only 1 out of the 3 doesn't work, you'd think if one didn't they all wouldn't.
    Worked perfectly for me. I was playing team deathmatch and I saw one other person using the G1 DLCs... at one stage we were both on the same team and using the G1 Optimus Prime DLC -- we stopped and stared at each other for a while (cos you never get a proper look at yourself from in front during game play) lolol

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sounds like they ruined the best part of WFC for me...

(no, I haven't been able to pick up my copy yet to find out)

Escalation was my favourite part of WFC, because it didn't get predictable/boring like the campaign, and you weren't taking on other people (which sometimes creates grudges if you get targeted for being weak, or can make you feel bad if you end up targeting someone else).

FOC however, requires four players, and all four players MUST work together if you want to proceed through the levels. (in WFC, you could act independently if it ended up being safer for you, and 5 of the 6 maps was easy enough to play it yourself)
    Since they only have four characters for each allegiance, and it sounds like you need four players in each game, until they add more characters (as DLC), your team of four has to be the same four characters, EVERY TIME.
    And at this stage, the first two DLC packs don't have anything for Escalation, while the third one in 4 weeks time (25th Sept), doesn't sound like it does either.

At least I still get a lot of fun from the WFC Escalation. If this one does end up sucking, I can still play the old one for a while yet.

Anyone played Escalation on FOC yet?
    Is it better or worse than WFC?
    I played Escalation and I was fighting independently. I got my butt whooped, but I suck at gaming so... I didn't notice anything real disadvantage with this games' Escalation mode compared to WFC. But I didn't play it that long, just fought a few waves to get a feel for it. Disappointed that I couldn't use the DLCs in Escalation. Aww.

Loving FOC so far, but to me at least it hasn't got that same feeling of impending doom and darkness that WFC did, but a great game regardless.

I'm up to Starscream's campaign so fan and stuck, lol.

Im only on to cliffjumper Was fun with the fist of doom! haha Had interupted play but tomorrow will be alll FOC

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Im only on to cliffjumper Was fun with the fist of doom! haha Had interupted play but tomorrow will be alll FOC
    I liked the fist of doom too! Could see a fun mini-game there...