Thread: Amazon - Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Australia

Default Amazon - Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Australia

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this. I noticed a '+ $xx.xx Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Australia' cost on Amazon recently. Just checking whether this has affected anyone purchasing from Amazon. Strange thing is the extra cost doesn't appear in the checkout (or does it?).

That's interesting. I haven't even been browsing Amazon much since the dollar tanked by over 30%.

It's something to keep in mind I guess.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I wonder if this is to do with the GST collection requirement due to be placed next year?

With the drop of the AUD, products are indeed closer to the local retail price. However there are still some items that aren't readily available here. Although I haven't purchased anything from Amazon since late 2014, I've logged in to compare prices

The added cost doesn't appear to be a GST component because it was 50% of the price of the item. Unless the powers that be are planning to raise the GST to 50%.

50% doesn't make any sense at all. maybe it's test software that shouldn't be released yet and the value is just a placeholder???
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Maybe it's to disencourage Australians to buy from them?

Appeared a few months back
    Basically its a quick way to see what postage is on a single item without going through the checkout process.

For shipments to New Zealand, Amazon pre charges customs fees on parcels over $400NZ, so it will also show if customs fees are to be pre paid on an item as well

I noticed this when I bought some hard drives and ethernet cables. I know that any retailer or manufacturer bringing enough computer and TV equipment into Australia is required to pay a fee to the government to fund ewaste recycling.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

OK, so it's for shipping and import tax estimates. Anything with 'import tax' is worrying - that's why I missed the whole shipping estimate idea. Thanks all.