Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singapore 30th Anniversary exhibit

Cheers sir!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thats true for toy shops opening late but for the Sunday Flea mart, they are open earlier, so be ther 11am onwards.

For Universal studios, I would pre-purchase online, you skip the heck of a queue.

And if you dont have kids with you, don't be silly and line up for the wrong rides. Also very often if you are taking the ride as single you get to be put in advance of everybody as there are groups with odd numbers in rides.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Thats true for toy shops opening late but for the Sunday Flea mart, they are open earlier, so be ther 11am onwards.

For Universal studios, I would pre-purchase online, you skip the heck of a queue.

And if you dont have kids with you, don't be silly and line up for the wrong rides. Also very often if you are taking the ride as single you get to be put in advance of everybody as there are groups with odd numbers in rides.
    Last time I was there, I bought a fast pass. Well worth the money! Good advice for the pre-purchasing of tickets though.

I hit CSC last time pretty early. Will plan the same this time around too.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Last time I was there, I bought a fast pass. Well worth the money! Good advice for the pre-purchasing of tickets though.

I hit CSC last time pretty early. Will plan the same this time around too.
    is a give and take thing, as some flea mart stalls may set up a bit late but you can catch a bargain sometimes.

I recommend at any Universal Studios park (Singapore, California, Florida) to go mid-week like Tuesday or Wednesday. I've been to all three mid-week and the queues are half what they are on a weekend. A Fast-pass is good for the bigger parks (Singapore is still very small), if you want to go through most rides in one day. The singles queue is also recommended if the ride has one, even if you are there with a friend, because most rides you can't interact much while on the ride, so if you end up separated, it doesn't matter so much. (better that than spending an hour in a queue just so you can be on the same car on a ride and not be able to say much to each other anyway)

The only time it wasn't reliable was once at Florida and the Transformers Ride was only open for a week, so even the singles queue was over an hour long (the regular line was capped out at over 2 hours long!!). Otherwise, some rides (like the Transformers Ride at all three Parks), the singles queues bypass the displays and props that line the regular passage.
    Since the Singapore Park and Transformers Ride was the quietest of the three for me, I recommend getting there as soon as it opens and go through the regular line even if you are on your own, just to see all the Transformers props and video clips. Then when you go back to re-do the ride, just use the singles line to be quicker.
    (for a 5 minute ride, waiting more than 5 minutes for it is just a waste of your time)