Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 30th Anniversary MP-05G Megatron Gold version

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    i guess here is a good place to put http://www.megatron.net.au/Index.htm

if anyone wnats to know what hoops they need to jump through where available.

according to that site. i CANT have one no matter what
    The guy who runs that site is a member here. He has helped many a member with owning MP-05

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    I haven't really noticed a huge influx of people selling MP-05, only one chinese seller.

That's what I mean. The guy might work in the factory or have a friend that does and they lifted a heap to sell on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Right, after the re-release of MP-01 right before MP-10, you'd have to be crazy to buy this piece of junk and not expect a better Masterpiece Megatron right around the corner.

The 3P groups have already made a bunch of superior versions. Surely someone at Hasbro has taken some inspiration and prepared an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by leej84 View Post
    Who else out of the 3p groups have made a g1 megatron? If im not mistaken, I can only think of one... hegemon is good but not mp scaled let's hope for a oversized version with shiny non swirly plastic from takara.
    Hegemon is the only 3rd Party release and it belongs in a Classics collection, not MP. I personally don't even think Hegemon is that good.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Exclamation

If someone wants to dip you, you possibly could still get in trouble for it.
    I could have brought in 5 pieces into WA a while back but I thought about it and decided it wasn't worth the trouble even though it is legal in WA.

Quote Originally Posted by leej84 View Post
    Who else out of the 3p groups have made a g1 megatron? If im not mistaken, I can only think of one... hegemon is good but not mp scaled let's hope for a oversized version with shiny non swirly plastic from takara.
    There were a few more announced around the time of Hegemon's release -Bold Toys, iGear Toys Mini MP05 & another i can't think of right now. I'd have to double check how many of them went past the prototype stage. But, yes, as Trent said, they're not Masterpiece scale toys.

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    Will my house get raided as the one I picked up in HK has no orange tip?
    It's not about the orange tip. MP Megs in Australia is classed as a replica firearm and in states like NSW, you actually need a permit to own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    There were a few more announced around the time of Hegemon's release -Bold Toys, iGear Toys Mini MP05 & another i can't think of right now. I'd have to double check how many of them went past the prototype stage. But, yes, as Trent said, they're not Masterpiece scale toys.
    All except Hegemon crashed and burned. And it's something that 3rd Party companies are reluctant to tackle because of both the difficulty and the belief that Takara will announce a V2 at any time.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I'm still pissed off that customs destroyed one of my e-Hobby Megaplexes.

I bought this when we was first released and he really is great. Transformation is a bit tough but the end result is a really good looking figure and gun.

Sucks for you guys..there is no way around it huh. Even if he was shipped in robot mode?

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    I bought this when we was first released and he really is great. Transformation is a bit tough but the end result is a really good looking figure and gun.

Sucks for you guys..there is no way around it huh. Even if he was shipped in robot mode?
    You can smuggle it in, like anything is your own risk and answer if you get caught.

I transformed mine and transport it with Optimus mp1 to avoid suspicions, I thought it was illegal in wa

I transformed mine for first time last week and he broke!
    Last edited by Barrel05; 11th October 2014 at 04:33 PM.

Question

so is there no way to order this toy into WA because it "Looks" like a firearm?
    I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....

Quote Originally Posted by z3r03d View Post
    so is there no way to order this toy into WA because it "Looks" like a firearm?
    Is legal here but it may be stopped at customs in vic or nsw and you might need to explain.