Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Takara's Take on Trypticon -- LG43

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    He's up at HLJ for preorder.

I was going to get him from PC, I cashed in my 1000 Energon points, went through the checkout and found that Zippay isn't working at the moment. Lame. I hope the $65 off coupon doesn't expire.
    It does have any expiry. I do remember a facebook post about it, not sure if it's written on the website somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Nonetheless it's showing us the comparative size of the toy with Metroplex and that the tail isn't too short as others had been concerned about with the CG promotional renders.
    It looks like they have bent Metroplex's legs a bit for the pic and straightened Trypticon up more than he has been in any other photo we have seen to date, making them look approximately the same height. \

I still think Trypticon is shorter, but perhaps its not such the discrepancy that many (including myself) had feared.

Cheers for the heads up I've preordered and if it turns out that there is little difference between it and the Hasbro version and Hasbro's works out a lot cheaper I can always cancel.

I was going to get him from PC, I cashed in my 1000 Energon points, went through the checkout and found that Zippay isn't working at the moment. Lame. I hope the $65 off coupon doesn't expire.
    coupon is good for 12 months so plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Oh my... that looks lovely.
    That's an ideal display pose for the 2... need to find a bigger shelf!
    For a TT version, it definitely needs more paint apps...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I still think Trypticon is shorter, but perhaps its not such the discrepancy that many (including myself) had feared.
    Eh... the height difference doesn't appear to be terribly significant. It doesn't look nearly as bad as the height difference between G1 Fortress Maximus and Scorponok.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    1 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    coupon is good for 12 months so plenty of time.
    Cool, I'm sure something else will come along in that time. (crosses fingers for more G1 MPs and LGs based on the TR toys TT hasn't used)

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Oh my... that looks lovely.
    That's an ideal display pose for the 2... need to find a bigger shelf!
    For a TT version, it definitely needs more paint apps...
    Yeah Metroplex is going to stand taller when completely upright but visually by not as much as I had feared.

I still hope that there is a noticeable difference between the Hasbro and TT versions like there is for Fortress Maximus.

Default Transformers Legends LG43 Dynosaurer up on TomyMall

Here's another of my Tomy Mall translations, the CGI pictures used are the same as those most of us have already seen for Trypticon/Full-Tilt/Necro, but with a nice little disclaimer at the bottom of each telling us that they are CGI renders and the final product may vary, the rest:

Price : ¥27,000
    Item Number : 4904810887997
    Manufacturer : TakaraTomy
    Brand : Transformers
    Target Age : 5 years old~
    Points Earned : 250points
    Package Size : W440×H595×D225mm (Amazon.co.jp identifies the shipping weight as 499g - I don't think so)
    Release Date : 2017-08 Late (2017-08-18 or 2017-08-26 according to Amazon.co.jp both dates are listed on the same page, so way to go clarifying that...)

2017 Legends Series Featured Item!
    Transforming into robot, vehicle and base modes, Triple-Changer "Dynosaurer" revealed!
    Total robot mode height is about 45cm! Mouth has Headmaster eating fun feature.
    Base and vehicle modes have "storage compartments" - "Start Game/Play" luxurious/glorious specification that you can enjoy! (I really don't know what that means, "lots of ways you can play with it", maybe?)
    1 deluxe size equivalent Headmaster "Full-Tilt" included/attached.

Product Description: Dinosaurer Body (1), Full-Tilt (Vehicle) (1), Headmaster (1), Catapult (1), Weapon (1), User Seal (1), Instruction Manual (1)

Dinosaurer Body, Full-Tilt, Headmaster & Instruction Manual are pretty self-explanatory, although I'd have hoped TakTom might have used the designs official name for "Headmaster" (not that they have on most of their other Headmaster listings).

The Catapult doesn't seem to be pictured, unless its the tower gun that was part of Brunt in the original and had a vehicle launcher (could be called a vehicle catapult) beneath it in City Mode, in which case Trypticon already has one.

The "Weapon" mentioned is Full-Tilt's Gun, again not a new accessory, meaning the new accesory is...

A "User Seal"!... for those of you who don't know, that means it could be in the form of a relief cut coin, medallion or seal stamp (think device for imprinting a wax seal or more recently stamping ink onto a document) - if it were Hasbro we were talking about it'd probably be a small paper owners certificate with a foil sticker on it (as dissapointing as it sounds, please TakTom don't let it be that dissapointing!).

Unfortunately there is no mention of any "yet to be revealed" or "secret" bonus, so unless I miss my guess about the catapult, I think we'll be looking to the SDCC/Convention/Hasbro Asia releases to fulfill our Brunt hopes.

The image here clearly identifies some features of Dinosaurer, especially the Japanese Necro's real name, which most of us had already guessed. For your benefit, well TakTom's designers/managements benefit really, his name is written in English and Phoenetically in Japanese. The rest of the text, if you really want to know (I did so I asked for confirmation of my translations), is simply Throat, Upper Jaw (roof of the mouth/palet really since no animal/robo-dinosaur has an upper jaw), Lower Jaw & Eyeball in Japanese.
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Cool, I'm sure something else will come along in that time. (crosses fingers for more G1 MPs and LGs based on the TR toys TT hasn't used)
    don't lost your code, if you lost it I am not sure how you going to find it back.
    I had a hard time locating mine.