Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TFCC Closing?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like I was wrong.... it is the end.

According to Pete's Facebook page, BotCon 2016 is basically going to be a farewell party to FunPub's Transformers elements.
    (a screenshot on TFW in case Pete pulls that facebook posting)

Looks like I might have to make sure I go to BotCon next year... just in case there isn't another one for a while, or at all.
    I was just thinking the same thing, It's just a bloody hassle getting there.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing, It's just a bloody hassle getting there.
    Shouldn't be worse than this years.

Once in LA, there should domestic flights to Louisville as they have an "International" airport only 20kms away from the Hotel/Convention Centre... making it cheaper and easier once you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Shouldn't be worse than this years.

Once in LA, there should domestic flights to Louisville as they have an "International" airport only 20kms away from the Hotel/Convention Centre... making it cheaper and easier once you get there.
    I've got the days off on my roster, so I've looked into flights. roughly 23 hours in travel time, with waits of 3-4 hours at each airport. around $2000 for the 1 seat, add an extra $1000 for the 2nd seat for myself & it's not looking likely that I'll be able to go.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Unlike yourself Griff, when their downfall is preceded by terrible customer service and basically a "How To" on running a fan club into the ground, I'm all for kicking them when they're down. That way you make sure they don't get back up again
    This. So much this

I for one hope that this means Hasbro will take over all exclusives and make them less expensive and easier for all fans to get.
    Not much of a club for all of us when they alienated all non US fans with excessive over pricing and alienated all US fans with poor management and excessive pricing that while not as high as non US fan prices was still pretty damn high

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    I've got the days off on my roster, so I've looked into flights. roughly 23 hours in travel time, with waits of 3-4 hours at each airport. around $2000 for the 1 seat, add an extra $1000 for the 2nd seat for myself & it's not looking likely that I'll be able to go.
    And this is why I've never been to a Botcon, the cost is so high for us Aussies.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I think the end of FunPubs licence will be a big shake up. I expect BotCon and the exclusives will be vastly different if they continue to exist at all. Some things will be worse but hopefully better things can fill the void. Despite the nervousness of losing something i am glad this has happened as it seems that FunPub was ineffective at changing with the times. Their performance has been sub-par with no signs of improvement except for a increased release of exclusives (not that more = better).

There appeared to be no signs of a better TFCC with them at the helm but this news at least allows that possibility.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 26th December 2015 at 03:00 PM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Megatran Guest

With people lambasting FunPub for their inept handling of everything each & every year, it would be a real shame for no more TFCC exclusives and BotCon beyond 2016, cos no individual(s) want to go through that.

If Hasbro take it on themselves, the comic book duties could fall to IDW with any exclusives being featured in normal issues of MTMTE and not-RID.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...