Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJoe 2 (Movie) pushed back 9 months!

Default GIJoe 2 (Movie) pushed back 9 months!

I was only just watching a trailer for the next GIJoe movie last week when seeing Avengers, as it was scheduled for release in a months time.

Today though, at the last minute (and at the surprise to the Director himself), Hasbro have pushed it's release back 9 months to March 2013.
    Their excuse - they only just decided to retrofit it to 3D, to cash in on a growing popularity on the format (perhaps it was expected to be a short-lived fad).

Even the toys were already in US stores, ready for its release in theaters, so I'd imagine a lot of US retailers are not happy about having stock that won't move for another 9 months.

Hasbro Australia are probably glad they didn't have the headache of dealing with angry retailers, and sitting on later waves that stores wouldn't be wanting for another year. All those toys not yet in stores would have already been made, and waiting to go to retailers.

Having a 3D version should have been decided early on, and stuck with it. (which was something Michael Bay was at least good at - deciding to use the format, and committing to it)

I feel bad for the GIJoe fans who were looking forward to the movie in five weeks time, only to now have to wait almost a whole year for it.
    Imagine if that had happened with one of the Transformers Movies...

Damn I didn't mind GI JOE ROTC and was really eager to see this one too. Damn you Hasbro, damn you to Unicron's crotchpiece.

i was looking forward to this movie.....

i would of seen it in 2d anyway i dont care for 3d much.....how annoying and disapointing...

(maybe they were also thinking that it wouldnt pull as much $$$$ because of the compitition it is up against)
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I thought they wanted it to coincide with the Rock wrestling at next years Wrestlemania?

Decepticon Guest

No great loss. As I can remember, the last GI movie toys sat around for ever in the toy stores (Toyworlds selling then half price) and the movie itself was rather blah also.

I guess the upside is that now the toys are coming out before the movie there's a better chance that Joe fans can get the toys before newfans

Converting movies to 3D instead of filming in 3D never works e.g. Clash of the Titans.

That's a dog-act by Hasbro to treat fans of this franchise like that.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Converting movies to 3D instead of filming in 3D never works e.g. Clash of the Titans.

That's a dog-act by Hasbro to treat fans of this franchise like that.
    Yeap, post production 3D films are the height of lameness. I am more annoyed that the film has been pushed back for such a cheap money making ploy, then I am for the significantly increased wait.

Delaying the movie for nearly a year just so they can make it 3D? That's lunacy. Avengers was successful because it was good not because of the 3D. By the time this is released, no one would have cared because they would have killed any hype for it by disappointing people and making them wait.

There must be some other reason or Hollywood Execs have gotten even more retarded than I figured. Nevertheless, it seems they don't have much confidence in the film itself if they feel the need to delay it nearly a year just so they can squeeze a few more dollars out of it with a 3D gimmick.

I wonder what they are going to do with all the already manufactured and some released toys?

Aaar, nuts. I was actually going to go see this one too.

Now, I guess I'll see it next year. Won't be going to the 3d version though. A few movies have made the transition from 2 to 3d ok, but more often than not they look rubbish.

I still remember wallking out of Pirates 4 and the first thing I said was "Why was that in 3d??" This'll be the same.