Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Legions revealed (as US Walmart exclusives)

Default Movie Legions revealed (as US Walmart exclusives)

From the official Transformers Facebook page comes images of Movie Legions and some multi-packs that include them.

The Legions are all redecos, and the multi-packs with other size-class toys are also all redecos, but the interesting thing is a couple of Beast Moulds being dug up from the past... one is Basic Terrorsaur from 1995/6, and Deluxe Guildard (JP Beast Wars) from about 1998.

These might appear here, but since we don't have Walmart here, they could show up at any store-chain.

Legion single packs -
    Bumblebee (minor redeco ROTF Bumblebee)
    Stinger (minor redeco TFPrime Knockout)
    Optimus Prime (minor redeco ROTF Optimus)
    Grimlock (redeco Beast Hunters Rippersnapper)

2-packs with a Legion and another size-class figure -
    Bumblebee & Strafe (Legion Bumblebee from above with a different deco + blue Beast Wars Basic Terrorsaur)
    Optimus Prime & Grimlock (Legion Optimus from above with different deco + Energon Basic Cruellock)
    Stinger & Slug (redeco ROTF Legion Sideways + purple Deluxe BWNeo Guildart)
    (note - this is a different Legion Stinger mould to the single pack)

3-pack -
    Bumblebee & Strafe Vs Stinger (Legion DOTM Bumblebee & (unchanged?) AOE Deluxe Strafe Vs Legion TFPrime Knock-Out)
    (note - this is a different mould Bumblebee to the two above, and a different deco Stinger to the single pack Stinger)

Cruellock kinda works for Grimlock (with a big sword too), but I'm not sure that BH Rippersnapper works as Grimlock.
    Not sure why they are using two different moulds for Bumblebee and Stinger though.
    If the 2-packs are all the same price, the Slug pack will be the better value pack, as it is a Deluxe, compared to the other two packs just having Basics.

These are disgusting. That's all I have to say.

Default AOE Walmart Exclusive Cyberverse redecos

From TFW2005:

At last another piece of the puzzle has been revealed! On the leaked Hasbro toy list some time ago, there were a series of listings for something called "Age of Extinction Legion class" in both single releases and two-pack releases. Via the Transformers Facebook page, we now know these releases are a mix of previous Cyberverse Legion figures (both past Movie Legends and Legion Cyberverse, and Prime Cyberverse). The two packs feature some larger toys from Transformers Energon and Beast Wars. It's a very odd assortment! Check out the images attached to this post, 16 in total.

Releases seen for this assortment so far:

Legion Single Packs

Bumblebee (from Revenge of the Fallen Legends Bumblebee)
    Stinger (from Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Knock Out)
    Optimus Prime (from Revenge of the Fallen Legends Optimus Prime)
    Grimlock (from Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Rippersnapper)

Legion Two Packs

Bumblebee and Strafe (Bumblebee as above, Strafe is a redeco of Beast Wars Basic Terrorsaur)
    Stinger and Slug (Stinger is a redeco of Revenge of the Fallen Legends Sideways, Slug is a redeco of Beast Wars Neo Guiledart / Dinobots Triceradon)
    Optimus Prime and Grimlock (Optimus Prime as above, Grimlock is a redeco of Transformers Energon Cruellock)

Legion Bumblebee VS Stinger set - Bumblebee is the Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Legion Bumblebee with a Prime Cyberverse Bumblebee blaster. Stinger is the Prime Legion Knock Out as before, with a Prime Cyberverse Ratchet blade weapon. Strafe is the Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe toy.
    A pretty random selection of figures: Grimlock from Cruellock is utterly incongruent with the other two larger-sized redecos, and it's strange to see Energon and BW molds being used when we've been told they're too expensive.

I have to wonder if, given the odd pricing, these might be what TRU over here are expecting for the Then and Now packs - although that would also raise its own questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I have to wonder if, given the odd pricing, these might be what TRU over here are expecting for the Then and Now packs - although that would also raise its own questions.
    The smaller T&N packs are a Deluxe & Minicon. Images of thelarger Grimlock pack are also included here:

http://www.allspark.com/content/2014...s-r-us-stores/

Is it bad that I really would prefer that Slug looked more like the BWNeo figure than the actual movie figure?

Some just plain awful figures chosen in gees lots, almost exclusively from toys from the movies or Prime. The older toys are pretty decent, cruel lock was a good scout and BW terrorsaur is one of those toys that you can never have too many of.

I'd get those two packs, depending on price of course, since I love get older figures.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Sorry for the double post Griffin, I didn't realise you'd posted just before I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    The smaller T&N packs are a Deluxe & Minicon. Images of thelarger Grimlock pack are also included here:

http://www.allspark.com/content/2014...s-r-us-stores/

I know they are. I'm speculating that the fact that whatever is in TRU Australia's system is $25 rather than $30+ means that these are actually what TRU over here are getting in. Just idle speculation.

I love the eclectic mould choices for the two-packs.

Looks like there is one more Target exclusive multi-pack... a Construct-Bots version of the Strafe 3-pack (with Bumblebee & Stinger).

If I buy one tf this year it is JP Guildart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and blue terrorsaur.

Are they coming to Aus?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    If I buy one tf this year it is JP Guildart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and blue terrorsaur.

Are they coming to Aus?
    I don't think we have any word yet on whether they are or not. I don't believe they were shown at Toy Fair. However, keep an eye on the catalogues around the mid-year toy sales, as if they do come, that's where I'd expect to see them.