Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Edition Dinobot 5-pack images

Default Platinum Edition Dinobot 5-pack images

Someone has obtained the Platinum Edition Dinobot 5-pack, and shared photos of the toys in both modes.

Looks like they are a smoky translucent plastic with chrome coated parts, to give them a ghostly look.

Apparently the Optimus toy in the Leader 2-pack is also of translucent coloured plastic, so these will match the look of that one a bit.

The five Dinobots are Voyager Grimlock, Voyager Slog (Sludge), Deluxe Strafe, Deluxe Slug, Deluxe Scorn... which is the four Movie Dinobots plus Slog for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Someone has obtained the Platinum Edition Dinobot 5-pack, and shared photos of the toys in both modes.

Looks like they are a smoky translucent plastic with chrome coated parts, to give them a ghostly look.

Apparently the Optimus toy in the Leader 2-pack is also of translucent coloured plastic, so these will match the look of that one a bit.

The five Dinobots are Voyager Grimlock, Voyager Slog (Sludge), Deluxe Strafe, Deluxe Slug, Deluxe Scorn... which is the four Movie Dinobots plus Slog for some reason.
    I thought the 2-pack Optimus was just a darker shade of blue? I know the initial promo picks showed translucent plastic, but every time we have seen the toy it's been merely dark blue. Does someone have it in hand to confirm?

Slash would have made more sense for the 5-pack, given that he was in some of the movie promo materials. But I guess Hasbro wanted to raise the price point by including a Voyager.

The set looks very cool and I will be getting it if I can, probably from BBTS. It may come to replace my existing retail movie Dinobots, especially if Snarl proves difficult to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I thought the 2-pack Optimus was just a darker shade of blue? I know the initial promo picks showed translucent plastic, but every time we have seen the toy it's been merely dark blue. Does someone have it in hand to confirm?
    I have the leader platnium pack and i can confirm optimus is not translucent well my one is not any way

Sorry... I was going by the official images, which I think would have made it more interesting, to distinguish it from all the very similar Leader & First Edition Optimus toys between Hasbro and TakaraTomy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sorry... I was going by the official images, which I think would have made it more interesting, to distinguish it from all the very similar Leader & First Edition Optimus toys between Hasbro and TakaraTomy.
    $50 USD for a repainted version of this set?

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-A...rmers+platinum

Given I don't have either of the voyagers, I'll take 10.

Love the look of the Dinobot pack, it'll be a great personal present. December can't come fast enough.

Any ideas when this set will be available for pre-order at BBTS? I wasn't going to go for the Dinobot but this set has changed my mind!

Sheesh. They look totally amazing. No idea what I'll do with my current dinobots, let alone Slash and Snarl (if Snarl ever turns up at retail). Scorn in particular looks awesome, but he was always the strongest mold out of the set.

How much do you guys think it'll cost, when will it drop and will we see it on Amazon.com?