Page 120 of 194 FirstFirst ... 100110115116117118119120121122123124125130140 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

So after today's announcements I only need Hasbro to unveil some Deluxe Insecticons and then there will be a CHUG toy to fill every spot on my list of 1985 Transformers toys I want/have in CHUG form.

I really think if CHUG continues long enough I will have my goal of having every G1 toy (minus mail in toys not seen in the show) on my shelf in CHUG form one day.

And as expensive as this goal has become, at least CHUGs cheaper than original G1 toys.

Apparently there are over 10,000 Commodore 64 programs that you can run off your browser. I had a look and they all seem like games. Didn't notice any word processing or editing software. Just curious as the first time that I started documenting my Transformers collection was in 1985 on the C64. Wouldn't mind revisiting that program.

Btw, Transformers: Battle to Save the Earth Side A is here. It's funny how they show the 90mm floppy disk icon... a cassette tape icon might be more appropriate.

I was letting my 2yo play with the UW Constructicons set as he is currently obsessed with construction vehicles. The activity reminded me of just how inferior these vehicles are compared to the G1 release. The entire session was basically my son attempting to play with these vehicles and me going "oh the crane doesn't extend", "that drum doesn't spin", "this truck doesn't tip", "the digger doesn't turn".

I'd love to pick him up a G1 Constructions set for Christmas but the recent Walmart release is proving difficult find at a reasonable price. At this rate I'll probably be resorting to KOs.

What about construction vehicle moded PlaySkool Transformers? Okay, they don't combine - but I think they're pretty cool for that age level. One problem with counterfeits, aside from the moral issue, is child safety. They're not tested and many of them are potentially dangerous for infants.

The two construction PlaySkoolformers that I own are Scrap-Bot from Go-Go-Go-Bots (aka Transformers Big Adventures) and Boulder from Rescue Bots. Both are pretty nice toys. Scrap-Bot is a repaint of Strong-Bot; Strong-Bot is yellow whereas Scrap-Bot is more of a Constructicon green. Boulder is green. Oh, and I just found out that this existed while Googling stuff for you -- in Japan Scrap-Bot was retooled as a steamroller, GO-19 Randy. Hey what? Strong-Bot was retooled as a dump truck?! Holy cow... there's a whole lot more to the PlaySkool Go-Bots that I never knew! Anyway, I'll let you keep digging, but I reckon these might be more suitable for your little one. Oh, and there's also the Dump Truck Transformer from the 80s My First Transformers line.

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    Anyone with Unite Warrior or Combiner War box sets... or even Titans... do you keep the boxes?

I have all mine but unsure if I should get rid of them or keep them as display pieces. I’ll never put the bots back in, but I’m running out of room!
    I have just moved and put all my UW combiner teams back in their respective boxes. they take up a whole lot of room and once we're settled in they'll be getting taken out again. I expect I'll eventually run out of room to keep the boxes uncompressed. But!, if I decide to throw the majority of the box out I'll definitely be keeping the front flap, the artwork is almost good enough to frame.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Funny that the Predacons were so popular, considering they were in the least seasons of the G1 cartoon than any other of the teams at the time.

Constructicons: All 4 Seasons + the Movie
    Stunticons: Seasons 2 & 3
    Combaticons: Seasons 2, 3 & 4
    Terrorcons: Seasons 3 & 4
    Predacons: Only Season 3

Must be a testament to just how wickedly cool the G1 Predaking toy was

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Must be a testament to just how wickedly cool the G1 Predaking toy was
    I don't know about you, but I didn't know anyone who had Predaking as a kid. I knew people who had individual Predacons, and sometimes we'd have parties or big play dates where we'd bring 'em all together and combine them, but I didn't know anyone who owned all 5 of them.

And I think a big reason for that was because collecting all the Predacons was flipping expensive. Each Predacon would be, in today's money, roughly $50 each. $250 for a complete set. Now obviously as adult collectors with disposable incomes, we're willing to splash that amount or more on POTP Predaking, but our parents buying these toys for us as kids? Or ourselves as kids trying to save up for these things with pocket money? Yeah nah.

Completing any gestalt set was always exciting as a kid, and I think one of the cool things about missing out on the box sets was that we had no choice but to slowly collect these toys individually. It would take us weeks, months or maybe years to complete sets. Devastator and Monstructor were cheap and easy to complete because they were just 6 cheap carded toys. But even with the other sets, it was the large boxed torso robots that would be trickier to get, but the limbs were easy. And I'm sure many of you, like me, just mixed and matched sets until we completed them.
    e.g. this photo taken in 1988; I didn't have Scattershot yet, so I often had my Technobots team up with my Protectobots to form Defensutron or Compusor or whatever.

And of course, the Predacons did last longer in the G1 comics, making their final appearance in 1990. In 1988 when that photo was taken, there was no new cartoon eps to watch anymore, so all I could do was continue reading the comics.

I loved my G1 Defensor when I got him, and have no clue what happened to him or any of my other preloved G1 toys sadly. I was bummed I couldn't get the Combiner Wars version at the time due to my previous work being.... less than enthusiastic about my desk collection. And budgetary requirements.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I knew a guy at school who said he had one when he was in the States.

My understanding was Predaking's selling point was size. Biggest and baddest etc.

For me who had seen my poor old Devy get demoted and demoted it was a case of the yet to be named Warf Effect in action.

Galvatran Guest

Sears, U.S. retailer which owns Kmart in the U.S., has filed for bankruptcy overnight, sighting Amazon as a contributing factor. Source: Finance section of the tv ABC news this morning.
    Last edited by Galvatran; 16th October 2018 at 09:55 AM.