Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official JP images - Fort Max, FOC Bruticus & others, Masterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Has it been confirmed that the Takara FoC line will be brightly colored/painted? Might explain the higher cost...
    That could be why. The images on the Amazon.jp links are all new decos with shiny paints.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    For what it's worth...Standard TF pricing here is between ¥2400 to ¥2800 on release (i.e. different toys have different prices, unlike Oz where it's consistent across size class) for deluxes, and ¥3500 to ¥3800 (sometime going as high as ¥4200 ) for Voyagers on release. Usually after a few weeks the price will then drop by a few hundred yen (¥200-¥500 odd) for while, until they get put on clearance and (if you're lucky) you can pick them up for a song.
    I'd expect actual store retail prices to vary (and discount later), but I was just going by the Amazon.jp prices, which had TFPrime (Arms Micron) Deluxe toys for 2000yen over the last year, but are listing the Generations Deluxe toys for 3000yen... a significant enough increase to note it as a being applicable to that new line. And judging by the paint-work, it explains why these ones are so much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The first two FOC toys (Optimus & Jazz) are priced at about 3000yen, which is about AU$37... each! (an increase of about 50% on the Arms Micron Deluxe retail price, which are only 2000yen)

As much as I want to get these shiny JP versions, it's gonna end up costing about $45-50 each (shipped, varying on how many can be bought at once)... and the Voyagers are likely to be double that, based on the price difference in other JP lines.
    The Arms Micron toys are the odd ones out, unusually cheap at 2,100Y retail - TF United deluxes retailed for 2,940Y. Oddly, the voyager United toys were 3,780Y vs 4,200Y for an Arms Micron voyager. Haphazard, it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Has it been confirmed that the Takara FoC line will be brightly colored/painted? Might explain the higher cost...
    Comparing the JP version to the Hasbro version...

JP Bruticus

Hasbro Combaticons (I couldn't find an official pic of the Hasbro Bruticus)

Like Playdoh colours...
    The original Hasbro official pics from their slide shows and press release had a shiny effect to them, but the final products are less than inspiring.

And just to compare to the SDCC version, which was also meant to be in game colours (like the JP version)...

The JP Bruticus does look nice but a nice paint scheme isn't enough to save this toy let alone justify for the price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The original Hasbro official pics from their slide shows and press release had a shiny effect to them, but the final products are less than inspiring.
    Yeah, I hate how they do that - disclaimer 'colours may vary'
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

So as a result of the Japanese prices, the SDCC version's ridiculous after-market price seems more reasonable.

Those Hasbro ones look hideous.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Amiami's got all of the Generations guys up for pre-order. 2340yen for deluxes and 4080yen for Voyagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    Amiami's got all of the Generations guys up for pre-order. 2340yen for deluxes and 4080yen for Voyagers.
    You don't know how hard it is for me having to put off Preordering the Takara Voyager Soundwave man...

The differences between the Takara & SDCC releases is quite stark aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    You don't know how hard it is for me having to put off Preordering the Takara Voyager Soundwave man...
    Dooo iiiiiit.

So Soundblaster's sold out. I suppose people already have a deluxe Soundwave which probably makes the Voyager less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    Dooo iiiiiit.

So Soundblaster's sold out. I suppose people already have a deluxe Soundwave which probably makes the Voyager less interesting.
    Those people have questionable decision making abilities.
    I really want to but I've got so many Preorders going at the moment already...

Well considering Hasbro is decreasing the amount of paint aps and their quality while keeping the same price, the Japanese not following suite and maintaining their standards more or less justifies the price rise.

Aside from that my friend who went to visit his Japanese friends said that everyone's wage went up and then cost of living (and extras like toys) caught up.