Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

What a great read!

My favourite line of the issue, and possibly the series: Wear my faaace.

Poor Ol' Flywheels - would have loved to see his big feet save him in some fashion. Heh - the toy does have massive feet!

I've always had a soft spot for Crankcase as he was one of the few Decepticons I bought that year that seemed to have an Earth-Inspired vehicular form and wasn't in some garish purple & pink colours so great to see him get some page-time. Only bot I don't own from the scavengers is Krok (and now I wanna buy him lol)

I do like that they have a couple of the DJD with multiple arms - seems very handy for huge bots - especially those two who have to cram other bots into their chest compartments to kill'em. And one bot turning into an electric chair is just inspired!

Like many of you have said - I hope this comic lasts forever!

I felt crushed when Flywheels died! Way more upset than when Rung was shot. I find that I really do emotionally invest myself way more in toy-characters than made-up non-characters. I guess for me, looking at guys like Misfire, Flywheels, Spinister, Krok and Ruckus -- I've "known" these guys for decades. So if anything happens to them, I care. When Fulcrum transformed into bomb mode and dropped, I thought "Oh okay, he's going to blow himself up," but beyond that expectation I didn't really care. And when he failed to detonate, I didn't feel relieved or disappointed... just nothing. Although the character concept is pretty cool I'll admit... but without a toy I just find it difficult to invest in that character. Meh.

I also liked the little social commentary that was delivered in the Flywheels character... like when Flywheels started praying and Crankcase asked him if he seriously thought if Primus would save them, "Yes!" <transforms> lolol

Also... "practicing"? As a verb shouldn't it be spelt "practising"? Practice = noun, practise = verb.

I was initially confused over Misfire's eulogy for Flywheels, mentioning his obsession with tracking down the Necrobot. This was originally mentioned in the last issue as Misfire's obsession. I suppose the writer intended the irony to fall on Flywheels instead.

I've enjoyed Fulcrum's character being portrayed as simply a Decepticon soldier without the usual sadism. If a toy ever eventuates from this character (Hah, good luck!) either from HasTak or 3P, I would be very interested in how impressive they can sculpt his chin

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    without a toy I just find it difficult to invest in that character.
    Keep in mind that we live in an era when Drift, Straxus and Impactor get toys, so it's not entirely impossible that Rung and Fulcrum will also one day be plasticised.

But yes, it was a shame to lose Flywheels - still, it's more powerful from a creative standpoint to kill people we care about than ones who make us go 'meh'.

Also... "practicing"? As a verb shouldn't it be spelt "practising"? Practice = noun, practise = verb.
    Yes indeed.

Grrr, where is the annual? It is bad enough there was a reference to an unreleased issue in the last comic, but know it is getting longer and longer a wait to know what they were referencing. Guess I am just impatient!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Grrr, where is the annual? It is bad enough there was a reference to an unreleased issue in the last comic, but know it is getting longer and longer a wait to know what they were referencing. Guess I am just impatient!
    yeah i am a little annoyed the annual is not out... it is something i have been looking forward too...

as for misfires necrobot mention.... James Robets has addressed this over in the IDW forums

Quote Originally Posted by James R
    It seems that a line of dialogue on the last page of issue 8 is causing some confusion. Standing over Flywheels' remains, Misfire says, "His ludicrous search for the Necrobot remains unfulfilled." Yet in issue 7, it is clearly established that Misfire himself is the Scavenger with the Necrobot obsession.

This is what is known - in comic book industry jargon - as a big, fat mistake.

I could try and explain how this big, fat mistake came about, but to do so would be to give far too much of an insight into the creative process here at MTMTE Towers. A creative process that involves fear, rage, lust and Peanut M&Ms. All I can say is I'm sorry. (Last pages are my downfall - remember when a pre-war Orion Pax was referred to as 'Optimus Prime' at the end of 'Chaos Theory'?)

If this were a different comic company, we'd be offering No Prizes to those of you who could explain away Misfire's comment. As it is, I've been summoned to IDW HQ to be strapped into the Humiliationizer. You won't see me for a while...

P.S. We'll fix the dialogue for the trade - unless someone comes up with a truly amazing explanation.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I don't get it, what's this Annual thing? Is it just a bumper issue? A recap? and will it be included in the MTMTE Volume 2 trade?

Absolutely loving this series so far, nice to have writers that really care about the property.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I don't get it, what's this Annual thing? Is it just a bumper issue? A recap? and will it be included in the MTMTE Volume 2 trade?
    I don't really know actually... I'm hoping that it's like the G1 annuals. <shrugs> I thought that maybe the annual had already come out and that I'd missed it.

I don't really know actually... I'm hoping that it's like the G1 annuals. <shrugs> I thought that maybe the annual had already come out and that I'd missed it.
    They r nothing like the old marvel ones, its more a bigger issue with a story that touches on a few of the mysteries they books are set on, Hopefully the 12th it comes out

solicits....spoiler warning

MTMTE

THE ORIGIN OF THE KNIGHTS OF CYBERTRON! Rodimus and the crew of the Lost Light finally reach Crystal City, home to the mysterious Circle of Light. But what they find waiting for them is going to change everything-and not necessarily for the better!

RID

CRASHING DOWN! The mysterious Metrotitan from last month’s More Than Meets the Eye Annual arrives on CYBERTRON—smashing into the ruins of the legendary Crystal City! Starscream and Prowl begin a battle of wills over the fate of this behemoth—and the outcome will shock you!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy