Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Upcoming Generations figures?

I had a dream last night that they announced Generations Tarantulas. I can see him clear as day in my head. He's beautiful!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I had a dream last night that they announced Generations Tarantulas. I can see him clear as day in my head. He's beautiful!
    I am not in a big hurry for a Generations Tarantulas mostly because his 90s toys were pretty competent and still look good today, specially the 10th anniversary repaint for the non-TM version. Rhinox and Rattrap did need updates (Rhinox more so) so I am happy with that. Generations Cheetor was a bit of a downgrade unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am not in a big hurry for a Generations Tarantulas mostly because his 90s toys were pretty competent and still look good today, specially the 10th anniversary repaint for the non-TM version. Rhinox and Rattrap did need updates (Rhinox more so) so I am happy with that. Generations Cheetor was a bit of a downgrade unfortunately.
    Yeah, it was all about the bulbous abdomen with the dream, making him more screen accurate, but you're right about his 10th Ann. version -- it's a good looking version.

If you'll notice, he's the only Hasbro toy in my 10th Anniversary display. Takara didn't do a version of him, perhaps because Hasbro did such a good job of him, or because they wanted to do other figures instead. Either way, he stands up well next to the better detailed/quality Takara toys.

Of the two spiders, Blackarachnia is in most need of a new toy incarnation.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I'd like to see and update of both spiders. I wouldn't call the original Taranulas a particularly competent example of Beast Wars at all, I'd say Rattrap was better. The original Tarantulas was pretty spartan on paint aps, I had to customize him just to make him look remotely good and even then he never looked at all like a tarantula. As soon as Transmetal Tarantualas was released he pretty much replaced the original Tarantulas on my shelf.