Thread: Generations (Fall of Cybertron) Infiltrator Starscream

Default Generations (Fall of Cybertron) Infiltrator Starscream

http://millionhero.jp/tfg2013/iss.html#issbTransformers
    Available through mail order with purchase of the Transformers Generations 2013 book, late March 2014. 5000JPY (AU$54) for one or 9400JPY (AU$101) for two.

Not really my thing (but I guess that's the point of these limited exclusives ). Pretty pricey IMHO for a toy that's not even a retool, even with all those weapons. Interesting that they've showcased the 5mm weapon post thing on a Hasbro Generations Metroplex rather than a TakTOM one.

I don't think this is much of a surprise... a translucent SS is standard practice by TT to milk the mould
    It does look rather nice (weapons are a little overkill on that little jet!)
    Another variant to add to the TF completist list!

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    I don't think this is much of a surprise... a translucent SS is standard practice by TT to milk the mould
    It does canonically make sense as it represents Starscream cloaked as seen in Fall of Cybertron Chapter XI: Starscream's Betrayal. But it's a pretty hefty price tag, and they've already been milking the mould with Skywarp and Thundercracker. They could do the Rainmakers if they wanted to do more... or heck, a translucent "teleporting" Skywarp. I wouldn't mind seeing the mould retooled as Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust too. </fan.dreams>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It does canonically make sense as it represents Starscream cloaked as seen in Fall of Cybertron Chapter XI: Starscream's Betrayal. But it's a pretty hefty price tag, and they've already been milking the mould with Skywarp and Thundercracker. They could do the Rainmakers if they wanted to do more... or heck, a translucent "teleporting" Skywarp. I wouldn't mind seeing the mould retooled as Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust too. </fan.dreams>
    Having bought Stepper and Artfire I was bitterly disappointed when Infiltrator Starscream was announced. Stepper and Artfire are fantastic figures.

I agree Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust remold would have been a much better release.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Stepper and Artfire are fantastic figures.

Agreed on both points.

Having said that, is anyone ordering that can order 2 and I take one?

More pics for anyone interested are here and here.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Too bad they would not be able to release those three with actual coned heads without having to majorly retool the mould (if it costs money/effort/both we probably won't see it).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Too bad they would not be able to release those three with actual coned heads without having to majorly retool the mould.
    I don't care if they're not coneheaded. The original G1 versions of Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust weren't coneheaded. It was only later in the cartoon and comics that artists decided to conehead them (most likely to further differentiate them from the first year jets), but originally all the F15-based Seekers had the same head formation.

Loving Sideswipe's BFG i laughed when i saw the amount of fire power Starscream's packing

Speaking of G1, my Coneheads are currently displayed in with their nosecones folded down. I might fold them back up the next time i clean them
    That's beauty of G1 Seekers, you have the choice to mix and match their parts to your hearts content & create a custom one, if you so desire