Thread: IDW Classics Vol 8 - Universe profiles

Default IDW Classics Vol 8 - Universe profiles

For those who grew up with the four issues of Universe (the original profiles that were written by Bob Budiansky) they are being reprinted by IDW in their Classics series... and the best bit - it should include all the extra profile pages that were included at the back of many of the issues between #47-79. That's about 70 Universe profiles... half the number in the 4 issues... compiled for the first time with the original 4-issue series. (the first 4 issues were once released as a compilation, but left out nine from the individual issues)

Being only the size of 6 issues, the Universe profiles mustn't have been enough on their own, as Volume 8 will also have the original 4-issue mini-series of GIJoe vs Transformers tacked on... but who cares, as this has been a dream (of mine at least) since the letters column in the original Marvel comic hinted at a second volume, but never happened. (could be why they were in the back of the comics, so that they weren't wasted)

A bit of a wait though, as it is scheduled for release in March 2015. Priced between US$20-30, depending on the pre-order discount.

If it is the current tf vs joe comic, that might just be enough to make me skip it.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

nah, it's the tf vs gijoe from the original marvel run, not the scioli/idw series currently being released

That is cool - just a shame that the 1987-88 characters will still be a sporadic, random bunch.

this is awesome!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I wonder if they'll put the Universe (2) profiles in to alphabetical order or if they'll leave them in printed order? I suppose the Decepticon tapes will still get their full page pinups? It took a while for the format to be worked out. And as Sky Shadow said there's a few glaring omissions that'll stand out more when collected (Battletrap but no Flywheels, Pounce but no Wingspan, only 2 of the Terrorcons, no Scorponok)

I really like the idea of the Universe profiles being included, but IDW only just reprinted the GI/Joe crossover (along with the pre-G2 crossover). It's an alright story but to be reprinted again so soon? I like that IDW is being comprehensive in reprinting Marvel content but their treatment/placement of the mini-series is quite haphazard to the reading experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I really like the idea of the Universe profiles being included, but IDW only just reprinted the GI/Joe crossover (along with the pre-G2 crossover). It's an alright story but to be reprinted again so soon? I like that IDW is being comprehensive in reprinting Marvel content but their treatment/placement of the mini-series is quite haphazard to the reading experience.
    i would agree with this, i would of liked to see them place the headmasters mini series in before we actually saw the headmasters turn up!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I'd get this just for the random extra profiles from the last days of the Marvel comic. Those Furman profiles were some of the most clever and best I've seen till Last Stand Of The Wreckers at least.