Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Generation Jetfire Pics

Pictures (small ones!) are up of Takara Jetfire..... and I think this might be the first Japanese release with less paint and chrome than a Hasbro one.

I'm more than happy with the one I've got, but did hope for a head remold to look more Skyfireish
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

If the pictures are true, the Takara version does have more paint apps on the chest and ankles. Meh, not gonna pay more and wait longer for a small difference. Mine will be displayed without any weapons or fast packs anyway.

Normally I love chrome, but the Hasbro version was just wrong.
    So glad Takara have confirmed their release

Come on Takara Skids/Scoop and some of the other missing Generations toys. I want my metallic details

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Normally I love chrome, but the Hasbro version was just wrong.
    So glad Takara have confirmed their release

They have just released pics of the Henkai version. Usually I prefer the metallic versions as well but just don't like the look of this:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...jetfire/31172/

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    They have just released pics of the Henkai version. Usually I prefer the metallic versions as well but just don't like the look of this:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...jetfire/31172/
    That's the Hasbro version of Leader Jetfire. The Japanese version comes out at the end of November and apparently won't have the chrome.
    The gallery has the old Japanese version of the 2006 Classics Jetfire for comparison... showing the size and colours, and shiny parts similar to the 2014 Hasbro Jetfire.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's the Hasbro version of Leader Jetfire. The Japanese version comes out at the end of November and apparently won't have the chrome.
    The gallery has the old Japanese version of the 2006 Classics Jetfire for comparison... showing the size and colours, and shiny parts similar to the 2014 Hasbro Jetfire.
    Oh really? Whoops I guess I should have been able to tell by the english on the packaging

Now I see why people have had an issue with the way the Hasbro version has been done. The takara version does look better, and is only $7 more from hlj, though not sure if I can wait until December for him.

Yeah, that Seibertron gallery was odd at first, throwing in the Japanese name/toy in there, but then it kinda makes sense (comparing chromed versions of classic-verse Jetfire toys).

Well I'm glad you pointed it out Griffin - on the basis of that I just went and cancelled my Hasbro version with BBTS and ordered the Takara version with HLJ - I can afford an extra $7 and 3 months for the far better looking version