Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Edition range on sale at Mighty Ape

Default Transformers range on sale at Mighty Ape

Mighty Ape is having a sale on the platinum edition range:

Insecticons for $80.99.

Trypticon for $224.99.

Blaster and Perceptor set for $112.49.

Seeker set for $89.99.

Year of the Goat Optimus Prime for $107.99.

Full listing of Transformers items, including other sale items.
    Last edited by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!; 22nd June 2016 at 11:41 PM.

Megatran Guest

Some are on pre-order for release on 31 March.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Some are on pre-order for release on 31 March.
    Interesting that their normal price is only 10% higher as well for all those figs. $119 regular price for Goatimus?

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Interesting that their normal price is only 10% higher as well for all those figs. $119 regular price for Goatimus?
    It seems their regular prices are more in line with what the actual value of the figures are...

That or maybe they got a deal on leftover stock, which they priced accordingly?

I wonder if these are shipped out from New Zealand or if Mighty Ape have a Australia warehouse.

I pre ordered the Seekers from the NZ store when they first showed up for a 1/1/16 release.

I was not aware that there was a Mighty Ape online store... or didn't notice it being mentioned before.

Looks like they stock a range of the more collector focused items, with an odd range of prices... with most being more expensive than other sources, but some items being cheaper (mostly the sale items though).

Unfortunately, they appear to price items based on demand, rather than what it costs them, like JP Adventure Grimlock, who should be a lot cheaper than $82.
    I was going to hope that they will be stocking future Mighty Ape exclusives, but if they did, they will price them according to their rarity, rather than what they are priced at in their Japanese stores.

How much are these items now available for at Myer/TRU? I know Myer always start off with extortionate prices then drop them to reasonable - just wondering if the YOTG figures are actually that much of a bargain?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    How much are these items now available for at Myer/TRU? I know Myer always start off with extortionate prices then drop them to reasonable - just wondering if the YOTG figures are actually that much of a bargain?
    Just in Myer Sydney City store now and the YOTG G2 Prime is still $209. So about double the Mighty Ape price. Plus they have the obnoxious security wire around that wrecks the edges of the box (for those like me that care about such things).

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Myer has the seekers for $200 -- although went as low as $100 at the last sale.

TRU has the Insecticons for $149.

MightyApe has Hasbro Fort Max listed for AU$223.99.

While the rest of the Platinum Editions and other TF-related items are also on further sale (see links in first post).