Thread: Kre-O expands into Star Trek for 2013

Default Kre-O expands into Star Trek for 2013

In 2011 it was Transformers.
    Then in 2012, Kre-O expands into Battleship.
    Now, to coincide with the release of the next Star Trek movie, Hasbro has acquired a license to produce Star Trek Kre-O sets.

Scheduled for release in May 2013.

Oh wow, now that is a license worth having and utilising; a very wise business decision by Hasbro indeed and very glad to see them utilising Kreo to their full advantage.
    If they're looking to take Lego on they're going the right way about it, it'll take quite a while yet and they'll never really overthrow Lego but they'll certainly provide a very vaible alternative with quite the competitive edge.

that's interesting news.

my only concern is the human figures. the ones that came with the first wave of Kre-O Transformers were really crap. I'm only talking about the generic humans and not the Autobot/Decepticon kre-o's - those were awesome.

but yes, the generic humans were really boring and ugly and had none of the charm of lego minifigures. they really need to work on the faces :/

Only reason generic humans were ugly were because they were generic, they weren't representations of any of the characters that we liked. I'm sure that if they make a decent representation of the Star Trek characters they'd look awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Only reason generic humans were ugly were because they were generic, they weren't representations of any of the characters that we liked. I'm sure that if they make a decent representation of the Star Trek characters they'd look awesome too.
    I'd agree with that.
    Man, if they start doing Borg figures and sets, I'll be all over that like me to cake!

yeah but when you look through lego sets with a few similar generic figures - they all still look good