Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Acquisitions Etiquette?

I personally love the Acquisitions thread, whether its seeing one figure or a whole bunch, honestly just glad to see there is such a passion still going for these things. I think the guys that try to out do each other here are very amusing and it just adds to the fun of it all IMO.

And there's just that something when you see a whole bunch of coloured plastic all together in one shot, or a wall of new packaging. You can almost smell the factory fresh dyes and chemicals just by looking at it.

Even though I haven't had much to post in the Aquisition thread myself I still enjoy seeing what other people are picking up. You might see something and think you'd like that yourself but that just makes me start looking around for the figure myself, not make me jealous(a little bit envious maybe). Some of the older figures are out of my price range at the moment but I still like seeing pics of them posted up by a fellow collector off this board.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Why are we making things so difficult for ourselves? We are here for the fun and collecting TFs is our hobby.... so just cool down and let the year end in peace and harmony. We sometimes take others for granted but that doesn't mean we don't care.
    So, let the acquisitions thread run as it is, with pics or no pics...it doesn't matter if you post your acquisitions or not.

If we wanna be discreet, just post our own acquisition next time and let others post theirs when they collected their share of the bulk order/purchase?
    Ultimately any decision on "rules" would be up to the board staff to enforce. I don't see that happening, but some discussion around the acquistions threads is fine.

Honestly I don't get green-eyed at all about all those holy grails that people have the money to purchase, bulk orders from toy stores that some members decide to combine together. (it's always asked in the Swindle's Yard Sale section opened to all anyway: "Hey anyone in for a bulk or combined order for XXX"?)

I myself like to see all those interesting acquisitions (single, bulk/combined orders) from overseas or anywhere that people have in order to learn and find out more about other TF figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    The only thing I don't like seeing in the acquisition thread is when people post large amounts of the same toy. Sure, you may be keeping them to give to friends but I still think it's wrong. Give everyone a chance at getting them!
    The thing with photos of large amounts of the same toy only instills the impression:
    "Hey look I got 10 of the new Summer 08 Barbie Dolls from X store(local retail) at a discount price! Of course they are not for me, I'm sharing with friends A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I"

Then of course all the other people from J to Z will be very jealous.

On the other hand, if it's
    "Hey look I got 10 of the new Summer 08 Barbie Dolls from BBTS/RK/ebay/online store! Combined orders with friends A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I"

That's a whole different story.

And I think in other previous acquis thread the "Stories of how the purchaser conned store" combined with the "photos of large amounts of the same toy from local stores" made the green-eyed situation even worse.

I think you get what I mean.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Can we run a poll on 'Who likes Paulbot's new font?'

I admit I do get jealous/envious when I see a mountain of the same toy (local AND import eg. brand new Henkei). But I don't feel it gives me any ground to stop the others from having their fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Can we run a poll on 'Who likes Paulbot's new font?'
    Is this a new font for "Mod mode"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Is this a new font for "Mod mode"?
    Yeah I'm experimenting between ways to separate regular posting and moderator posting

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yeah I'm experimenting between ways to separate regular posting and moderator posting
    I'm sure roller will copy it and use it on unsuspecting new comers.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Roller wouldn't do that. He's a good boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel
    "Hey look I got 10 of the new Summer 08 Barbie Dolls
    You better share some of that Barbie goodness with friend D over here Melbelle!