Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new board, again...

Default Welcome to the new board, again...

Well, here we are - Ozformers Ver 4.1

Get a feel for the place, and post here or message me if you find any bugs or have any suggestions.
    There are a number of things I am still working on, such as colour and icons, but the priority at the moment is getting everyone across and activated.

Since this new board is on my website server, I don't know what it's capacity is with usage and number of visitors. If it is down for any period of time (like, more than a few minutes), email me (griffin @ otca.com.au)

Also, I've tried to block any guest postings to this board, but if any sneaky spammers manage to post something, let one of the board staff know.

I've been adding people's post count from the old board, but if you are wanting to start from zero on this new board, let me know.

The issue about not being able to put pictures in the siggie files should be fixed now. Had to find and change the settings for it. People waiting to be activated may have to wait until they are activated before they can upload or see their siggie pics or avatars.

Thanks griff

one more thing, does this site ever allow you to change your alias?

George
    Last edited by Borgeman; 29th December 2007 at 11:05 PM.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

ahhhhhhhhh its sooooo blue

Now listen up heres the story about a little man who lives in a blue world and all day and all night everything is blue

blue da ba de ba da di

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    ahhhhhhhhh its sooooo blue

Now listen up heres the story about a little man who lives in a blue world and all day and all night everything is blue

blue da ba de ba da di
    nice song to bring up :P

Ah, can always rely on roller to say the most bizarre comments...

George - do you mean your registered board name that appears on your posts etc? If so, I'd have to look into it, but should be possible because you and your profile is basically in the database as a number (your member number), and every other detail should theoretically be changable.
    It was possible on the old board, so I'd expect it here as well.

Edit - just checked, and I can edit users' names, if that was what you were referring to.

Oh, and the thing with the colours - it can be a very lengthy process to change colours, because even if you are wanting to change a single background colour, you then have to go and edit any lettering colours and link colours that may not be readable. There are literally dozens of different text and link elements on a messageboard, so it can often be a time consuming juggling act just to initially change one colour.

ok thanks griff - i dont want to change it atm, but i wanted to know for future reference

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Thumbs up Go with the Blue!

I like the new board, it looks very modern and spiffy. If it is that much trouble changing colours, why fix something if it ain't broke? Besides the blue colour scheme has a very soothing effect and is very theuraptic in trying to stay sane in a post-modern world

http://www.squidoo.com/colorexpert

Blue is the overwhelming "favorite color." Blue is seen as trustworthy, dependable and committed. The color of sky and the ocean, blue is perceived as a constant in our lives. As the collective color of the spirit, it invokes rest and can cause the body to produce chemicals that are calming