Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TF: Prime DVD Australian Release Date

Quote Originally Posted by Mechbiter View Post
    Madman have the S1 Boxest scheduled for December this year.
    It's listed in thier dealer guide.
    WHAT?! NYU!

I was hoping so badly that it would be released mid this year, not December! UGH! Damn you, HasAUS! Damn you! But then again, they'd probably say: "Screw the rules, we have money!" >.<

Region Coding doesn't prevent all pirating, so a 12 month delay of the boxset DVD here (from its release on TV in AUS, & the DVD release in America), will just lose them sales here... especially from the demographic a boxset caters too - who would already be chasing up a Season 2 Boxset from America and preparing for Season 3 on US TV (and youtube).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Region Coding doesn't prevent all pirating, so a 12 month delay of the boxset DVD here (from its release on TV in AUS, & the DVD release in America), will just lose them sales here... especially from the demographic a boxset caters too - who would already be chasing up a Season 2 Boxset from America and preparing for Season 3 on US TV (and youtube).
    Yup... This totally blows!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritprime View Post
    Yup... This totally blows!
    I'm inclined to agree here; A December release is just disgusting and smacks of Pay TV blocking Madman from releasing it earlier as it could possibly impact their revenue by having subscribers forgo a subscription to that particular channel.

I really love Madman as a company, they do such excellent work and produce equally top tier products; It disappoints me however that due to the continuing archaic nature of Australian retail, people are forced to support foreign companies over local ones and also possibly run the risk of committing copyright/IP infringement by downloading episodes.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm just glad we're getting it here.

Sounds like a fair few people here aren't going to be buying it.

Fair enough if you've already bought the US version, but at the same time, it's a bit of a 'damned if we do, damned if we don't'.

By not buying the Aussie release, it decreases our chances of future TF sets, and not necessarily just TF:Prime.

Madman are a great team, and great to deal with. I'll be waiting for the bluray set, but i'll definitely be getting it.

I'll do my bit and hope that sale encourages, even as an infinitely small percentage of the number of purchases, them to consider their future TF releases.

Seibertron just posted this up as front-page news, a month after it was news.

Seibertron just posted this up as front-page news, a month after it was news.
    Well, got to give it to them for trying.

I sent them a third email on friday to a different email on their site... still nothing.
    Maybe I'm on their blacklist too (like Hasbro AUS).

I know Madman are currently in the process of moving offices. It could just be that they aren't able to respond to any enquires at the moment because of the move - not just you.

That or their eyes are hurting from all the orange in their new office! It's like they're barracking for The Netherlands or something.

I was poking around Madman's boards, saw this thread and noticed this:

JB and Sanity will both have an exclusive Blu-Ray season collection sku for TF:Prime season 1.

There will also be separately released DVDs and Blu-Rays for each of the season 1 discs.

There you go.
    That's interesting I guess.