Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Lego

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 30th June 2018, 06:34 PM
Lint's Avatar
Lint Lint is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 16th Jul 2008
Location: Melb
Posts: 3,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
And there goes my money
Yep me too
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 30th June 2018, 07:58 PM
philby's Avatar
philby philby is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 13th Feb 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Thanks, thought it might be some other store. As someone who doesn't buy Lego I'm open to suggestions of best places to buy this.
the lego discovery centre at chaddy will have them for sure
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 28th July 2018, 09:31 AM
Paulbot's Avatar
Paulbot Paulbot is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Chadstone, Vic
Posts: 14,070
Default

This seems to be out now for VIP members? Anyone seen it here yet
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 28th July 2018, 03:25 PM
CHILENO20's Avatar
CHILENO20 CHILENO20 is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 7th Apr 2010
Location: BRAYBROOK
Posts: 2,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
the lego discovery centre at chaddy will have them for sure
They have definitely advertised it. Came up on my FB wall.
__________________
WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Carnivac, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Eject, Frenzy, Firestar, Razorclaw, Rampage, Divebomb, Headstrong, Tantrum, Sideswipe, Cog, Firedrive, Lionizer, Battle Patrol, Race Car Patrol, Rescue Patrol, Optimus Prime MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
PRIME(HASTAK): Thundercracker ENERGON: Six Shot
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 28th July 2018, 08:54 PM
Thurmus Thurmus is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 15th Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 859
Default

Mine and a guy from work have ours sitting in customs.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2nd August 2018, 03:09 PM
Paulbot's Avatar
Paulbot Paulbot is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Chadstone, Vic
Posts: 14,070
Default

Going to try to get to the Chadstone Lego Store on the weekend, but I swung past it for the first recently and it looks like a pretty small store.

With these sorts of sets, do they show up at the stores like Toyworld? I except they don't get to the Targets and Kmarts.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2nd August 2018, 03:41 PM
Lint's Avatar
Lint Lint is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 16th Jul 2008
Location: Melb
Posts: 3,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

With these sorts of sets, do they show up at the stores like Toyworld? I except they don't get to the Targets and Kmarts.
They do tend to show up at Toyworlds and occasionally at Myers
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2nd August 2018, 04:26 PM
shockNwave's Avatar
shockNwave shockNwave is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 23rd Jul 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 885
Default

I don't view the Lego and transforming robots as a good mix although Lego and combiner robots has greater potential and it looks like this Voltron has nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Going to try to get to the Chadstone Lego Store on the weekend, but I swung past it for the first recently and it looks like a pretty small store.

With these sorts of sets, do they show up at the stores like Toyworld? I except they don't get to the Targets and Kmarts.
Of Lego specialist stores in Victoria, I know of one in Frankston shopping centre near JB HI-FI. Another one is I'm Rick James Bricks in the Pakenham town centre.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 3rd August 2018, 08:09 AM
Sutton Sutton is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 31st Jul 2008
Location: Launceston
Posts: 811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Going to try to get to the Chadstone Lego Store on the weekend, but I swung past it for the first recently and it looks like a pretty small store.

With these sorts of sets, do they show up at the stores like Toyworld? I except they don't get to the Targets and Kmarts.
They definitely show up at Toyworlds too - they've carried things like UCS Millenium Falcon, Old Fishing Store, all modulars, the Ideas Rocket thing, as well as all the smaller ideas sets like the Beatles, Dr Who, Adventure Time etc...I reckon they'll get it at some point.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:04 AM
Paulbot's Avatar
Paulbot Paulbot is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Chadstone, Vic
Posts: 14,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint View Post
They do tend to show up at Toyworlds and occasionally at Myers
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
I don't view the Lego and transforming robots as a good mix although Lego and combiner robots has greater potential and it looks like this Voltron has nailed it.

Of Lego specialist stores in Victoria, I know of one in Frankston shopping centre near JB HI-FI. Another one is I'm Rick James Bricks in the Pakenham town centre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
They definitely show up at Toyworlds too - they've carried things like UCS Millenium Falcon, Old Fishing Store, all modulars, the Ideas Rocket thing, as well as all the smaller ideas sets like the Beatles, Dr Who, Adventure Time etc...I reckon they'll get it at some point.
Thanks all. I'm keen to pick up the set in the next few weeks and this gives me some other places to check. I'm aware of the Pakenham store but never been.

I've spent a long time saying "no, I'll never buy Lego" but this place, and combining robot lions, has finally worn me down
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.