Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reissue Gen1 Hotrod again?

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    I received an email from RK about this item with this announcement:

Thanks for your Robotkingdom order for:

Walmart Exclusive TRANSFORMERS G1 AUTOBOT HOT ROD.

Preorder will be re-opened upon further notification.

Your order is already on our record and it is still valid.

I think they just filled their preorders since i've not received a refund.
    That's bizarre. Looks as though this thread has several posts pulled as well. *twilight zone melody*

After years of hoping, waiting for more reissues finally a new G1 reissue. I already have a Hotrod reissue but am excited about this none the less. My fantasy would be for Hasbro or Takara to release some rare G1 reissues for those who missed out last time and then use the profit from those to create new molds for transformers with damaged or lost molds that have never been re issued such as the G1 Dinobots... Brand new official G1 Dinobot reissues... One can dream right?

The G1 Hot Rod reissue is now re-open for preorder at RK.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

The toy has shown up on the Walmart site, with official images, confirming its existence, and showing us how similar it looks to the original toy.

That G1 packaging is absolutely gorgeous. I’ll be buying two. I can’t wait to see the next G1 reissue and how far the line will go.

Wow! That looks amazing.

Fingers crossed they re do the seekers like that.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    That G1 packaging is absolutely gorgeous. I’ll be buying two. I can’t wait to see the next G1 reissue and how far the line will go.
    It would be lovely to see further reissues in that packaging style. I never liked the TRU commerative line in a square box. But given Encore died, and TT has shown no further interest in G1 lately, I won't hold my breath.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

FatalityPitt Guest

Just had a funny thought; maybe someone high up at Hasbro caught wind of Goktimus Prime's April Fool's Day joke and thought to themselves "Heyyyy, let's reissue some G1 figures! Been a while since we did that, and it'll buy us more time to come up with new ideas." Then they announced G1 Hot Rod to test the market.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Stunning, being a vintage purist I used to dislike the reissues but over the years I've grown to love them.
    I'm glad they have gone with such magnificent packaging, this won't just be for adult collectors this is such great a great gift for kids, easy to transform and sturdy to play with.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

a word of caution, for those who are packaging purists, this is a bilingual box. I don't have a link but I did see the back of the box on Twitter and even the tech spec is in two languages. It's not a big deal I imagine for most, but could be a surprise if you're not expecting it. as a result the tech spec takes up more space than traditionally.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)