Page 240 of 481 FirstFirst ... 220230235236237238239240241242243244245250260 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Well I can assure you that it wasn't me. The worst I might do is buy the last toy off the shelf at a brick and mortar store. (but then often they get restocked in massive waves later on and it shelfwarms )
    Don't worry Goki, knowing your stance on ordering online, you're the last suspect

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    For the last couple of years I have been collecting the Halo Mega Bloks series heavily due to the fact that they look cool and that they are much more affordable than Lego. Recently though the brand has been throwing out heaps and heaps of new toys within such a short amount of time that it's become more of a burden to collect than it has been a joy. I don't even play with some of the newer sets and have them just sitting there still sealed.

I am thinking of giving up collecting this particular series, and even selling or giving away what I already have. I don't even have that much of a emotional connection to the toys and only started collecting because of a minor superficial attraction. I'd like to hear your opinions on what I should do next, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    if it was me dude, i'd either..... sell it all on ebay and channel the money into something you're interested in.

or..... if the money side of things doesn't faze you, give it all to the salvos knowing that some kids somewhere are gonna be getting some awesome toys that they otherwise would never had gotten the chance to own.
    Money seemed like a good reason to get in on it at first, and now seems like a good reason to get out of it

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I really hate those sniper guys Being the lead bidder for days end and then losing out in the last minute/seconds cause I have crappy MBB. Can't even bid.
    lol The irony was that in this case I was one of those sniper guys. My snipe was due for the last 3 seconds however the winning bidder must have been a paying sniper (i.e. having assess to final 1-2 seconds of sniping), or just have some really fast hands I absolutely need to snipe as I've been tethering internet off my phone whilst in Melbourne, and can't rely on my broadband speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    My express parcel didn't even get priority so why bother having important sounding service names at all?

The good news is he arrived intact and looking great - really happy with finally having him in my collection
    That really sucks dude, especially after paying the premium for it. I've gone with USPS a lot, but I usually go for the cheapest - First Class International - and just looked at my recent purchases and they've only done 2 days at the Sorting Facility. I don't usually keep of it because I'm never home to take the intercom, and end up having to wait for the PO to send me a ticket - that part can take days, and a few times, weeks.

Walked into EB Games to pick up Fall of Cybertron... the person serving me gives me the game and the codes. I asked him about the exclusive content and he goes, "That's it. It's just the codes." So I said, "What about the poster?" -- the guy goes and asks his manager, then comes back with the poster.

So basically... if I hadn't had said anything I would've have gotten the poster. I wonder how many other people have been picking up their pre-orders with only the codes and no poster. :/

Walked into EB Games to pick up Fall of Cybertron... the person serving me gives me the game and the codes. I asked him about the exclusive content and he goes, "That's it. It's just the codes." So I said, "What about the poster?" -- the guy goes and asks his manager, then comes back with the poster.

So basically... if I hadn't had said anything I would've have gotten the poster. I wonder how many other people have been picking up their pre-orders with only the codes and no poster. :/
    Plenty? My sister used to work for EB during uni and they used to have tons of leftover uncollected pre-order stuff, that her manager would let them keep. The coolest thing she brought home was a Lego Batman Robin key chain. If customers fail to mention their bonus, it just gets forgotten, and it seems like most customers are quite hyped over the release and just forget their bonuses.

We've lost some great people this week...
    Jerry Nelson and Neil Armstrong.

"I put up my thumb and it blotted out the planet Earth."

R.I.P.

R.I.P.
    Indeed a pair of great losses.

After 27 years, I now have to wear glasses... Still trying to get used to something now semi-permanently in front of my eyes - FML.

R.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I agree, I didn't know about Jerry Nelson, but I heard about Niel Armstrong, perhaps the greatest explorer of our time.

After 27 years, I now have to wear glasses... Still trying to get used to something now semi-permanently in front of my eyes - FML.
    It's OK Hursti, as soon as you start wearing glasses your apparent IQ goes up and you become more attractive to the ladies.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post

It's OK Hursti, as soon as you start wearing glasses your apparent IQ goes up and you become more attractive to the ladies.

Ive been wearing glasses for over 10 years and my IQ has gone down and ladies avoid me like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Ive been wearing glasses for over 10 years and my IQ has gone down and ladies avoid me like the plague.
    I said apparent IQ, you tend to look smarter
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    hey skywarp....

haven't been around in ages, hope you're good.

if it was me dude, i'd either..... sell it all on ebay and channel the money into something you're interested in.

or..... if the money side of things doesn't faze you, give it all to the salvos knowing that some kids somewhere are gonna be getting some awesome toys that they otherwise would never had gotten the chance to own.
    just my 2 cents...
    janda
    Hey Janda, haven't seen you in a while. Think I'm gonna sit on the toys for now and see what happens. I might still collect, however I won't rush out to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Money seemed like a good reason to get in on it at first, and now seems like a good reason to get out of it
    Yeah, money's basically it. As Gene Simmons said, 'whoever said money can't buy happiness, hasn't had enough money'.

Ah glasses aren't that bad. I live with them, well when you get them try to get non-reflective lenses so that people can actually see your eyes - if that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Body odour! Body odour!!!

After my 27 years I'm finding my vision to be slightly hazy - totally blame work Don't need glasses yet as I'm just slightly near-sighted. Not far off, but I'll try to cherish/prolong the inevitable as best I can.