View Poll Results: RtS G2 Optimus Prime - worth buying?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 43.33%
  • Only if cheap

8 26.67%
  • Only if (something else)

3 10.00%
  • No

3 10.00%
  • Not interested

3 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - RtS G2 Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Did you blend it
    Wha...? N...no....NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

WHYYYYYYYY!!!???

Default RTS G2 Laser Convoy Review

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I had such high hopes for this figure... couldn't wait to get it! I'm very disappointed with the end result though!

First, he's way to small... even by deluxe standards. He's Bumblebee sized . Second, the plastic clips on his swords are so brittle I'm almost scared to hook it up between his legs in truck mode. Third, I dunno about everyone else, but My Prime's hands don't seem big enough to grip the sword. The handle is slightly too big - it fits alright, but it's tight and I've already got stress marks on the inside of his hands from holding it . Uhhgghhh! Forth, his alt mode looks really crappy when you can't get his grey tanks to line up (over his hands, and with his legs). The back wheels don't roll properly if not aligned... I've seen so many video reviews discussing this very issue, yet they all show how to transform him from truck to robot instead of the other way around

He does have some very clever transformation ideas... which is why it's such a disappointment he has all these other shortcomings. Could have been a brilliant figure... ends up being a weak figure imo.

Mine can't hold the sword either. So looks like I have to sand out another bot's hands (like Bludgeon, Banzaitron and Arcee before him).

No issues here, A tad fiddley to get into alt, but otherwise I quite like him

Thumbs up rts G2 optimus prime

this is a cool figure! nice version of optimus as a long nose truck imo!
    other otca members ideas to give him a rifle weapon sound good!!

I got him out of packaging and played with him.

I dont know if it is just me, but I LOVE the heat labels. Maybe its a G1 thing!

Pretty fun, but not as good are Perceptor.

I am a bit disappointed that the photo is different to the actual toy.

ie fuel tank colour (should be blue and not grey) and the door should have a red Autobot insignia.

Oh well, I guess Reprolabels can make some decals.

Hmm. While I'm not dissapointed, I'm not too impressed by this figure.

The alt mode is not too bad and the swordhides nicely at the back. It just looks like it's missing something. I think its the rather bare rooftop look. Like there needs to be something there to pad it out. It doesn't scream Leader enough for me.

Conversion was pretty good if a little inelegant witht he way the back armor forms since it hits other parts during the process. The way the torso converts is quite unique. The legs had all manner of perhaps extraneous converting but I guess we do demand a little more complex figures. Converting back to it's alt was tricky and simply loses any class or elegance the torso conversion had. Lining up the legs with the sword and the fuel tanks on the side is a bit of a nightmare and ends up suffering the dreaded and common uneven wheels syndrome.

Robot mode is ok. The legs are a bit messy looking but it might just be the colour scheme that puts me off this Prime a little. Instead of Hasbro Grey they should have gone for a slightly darker colour or even gunmetal. Not to mention the really short stature. Dwarfed by all other deluxes in the line so far. One of the smallest Primes. The articulation is excellent though and the sword is pretty nifty. But why is it way too big for the hand? It can be forced in but you will get some stress marks on the fingers. Otherwise an ok figure and probably for Prime fans and as a tribute to the original.

I saw this guy on the shelf. I ended up passing on him. I may pick him up at a later date if he is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I had such high hopes for this figure... couldn't wait to get it! I'm very disappointed with the end result though!

First, he's way to small... even by deluxe standards. He's Bumblebee sized . Second, the plastic clips on his swords are so brittle I'm almost scared to hook it up between his legs in truck mode. Third, I dunno about everyone else, but My Prime's hands don't seem big enough to grip the sword. The handle is slightly too big - it fits alright, but it's tight and I've already got stress marks on the inside of his hands from holding it . Uhhgghhh! Forth, his alt mode looks really crappy when you can't get his grey tanks to line up (over his hands, and with his legs). The back wheels don't roll properly if not aligned... I've seen so many video reviews discussing this very issue, yet they all show how to transform him from truck to robot instead of the other way around

He does have some very clever transformation ideas... which is why it's such a disappointment he has all these other shortcomings. Could have been a brilliant figure... ends up being a weak figure imo.
    Really sad when the nearing 20 year old toy offers superior satisfaction

By the sounds of it, he seems to suffer from the same issues as MP Rodimus Convoy. A toy which core concept is good but the end result seems rushed as if they did not bother to test him properly during the prototype stage in order to iron out all these issues.