Page 204 of 515 FirstFirst ... 184194199200201202203204205206207208209214224 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 5149

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

TRU Garden City had 3 MP Grimlock, 2 MP Sunstorm and something like 14 MP Prowls. Spread out between the actual TF section and front counter.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    TRU Garden City had 3 MP Grimlock, 2 MP Sunstorm and something like 14 MP Prowls. Spread out between the actual TF section and front counter.
    Another 14 Prowls?
    They already had about 20 last month... and after an early rush, it took them about 3 weeks to finally sell the last ones.

So many of the one people wanted least (due to cost), and so little of the other two.

Picked up the Gaia Unicron Voyager set from Myer Northlakes for $38.00! You gotta be happy with that!

I went to TRU Garden city today but couldn't find any sun storms, only Grimlock and prowl

Big W Runaway Bay is. Pulling a switcher oo. The Kinda Surprise display was for Transformers, and it's only once I brought three packs home I noticed they were the no TF kind ones. Bastiches
    Last edited by reillyd; 25th October 2014 at 10:34 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunches View Post
    Picked up the Gaia Unicron Voyager set from Myer Northlakes for $38.00! You gotta be happy with that!
    That is great value for two Voyager class toys - cheaper than a single Voyager.

I'm so tempted to buy that just for the shiny packaging... but it is still way too similar to the Japanese versions for me to spend money on "duplicates".

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunches View Post
    Were they on sale or did you get a discount of some description?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffinetron View Post
    Were they on sale or did you get a discount of some description?
    I think this is the deal:

Quote Originally Posted by omega3 View Post
    Optimus prime and Gaia unicron 2 pack is on clearance at Myer for $41.97 with their 30% off clearance toys and $10 off every $50 spent on toys at the moment
    But I couldn't find any in Maroochydore in case that's where you were gonna check.

I think Myer had 50% off clearance stock in store yesterday...so i checked their website and it as listed at cleatance $79...so instore it was half that. I dont think its 50% off today, but it would be worth checking if either deal is still on. Btw Northlakes looked to have about 5 more in stock (bottom shelf of the TF table).

Oh, well thanks for the check.

Nothing really new to report at Garden City today.

Coles have the 3-pack Kinder Surprise on sale, and cheaper than the price last week at Woolies/BigW. $3.80 for a 3-pack (from $5), but their sale week ends on Tuesdays, so probably only two days left on that price.

BigW have NOT got in the new One-Steps or Deluxes that have been found in other stores... and they are sitting on so much stock that they aren't likely to get them in for a while.
    They also wouldn't hand out any catalogues before the day of the sale, as I didn't have one arrive in the mail yet, so asked if they had it yet.

Kmart have a big wire bin of Stomp & Chomp Grimlocks near the central registers, away from the toy section... so you need to look for them if the single one sitting in the toy section gets bought.
    (I bought 6 DVDs from their catalogue sale while I was there, and three of them I already had... )

Target have moved their Transformers to three different shelves, and I couldn't find the Kreo Microchangers they had last time I was there. Maybe the case is near the registers as a cheap impulse buy.

Myer still haven't done anything to show off the contents of their Platinum Edition sets, as one of the people in charge had said they would.
    The blue box activity set (scroll up to one of my posts with photos) is priced at $17, and is in the next catalogue for 25% off if you buy 2 or more kids "books")
    They have the best customer service I've ever experienced in this country. I asked for a copy of the latest catalogue, and it took a couple people to find one out the back, even though I assured them that it was okay, that I'd come back another day when they are put out. Then walking back through the store looking at the catalogue, someone else asked if I needed any help.
    I thought I was in another country.

I didn't bother going into TRU, as a couple people had just been there in the last few days, and I wasn't expecting anything new that I wanted.

Today was probably the hottest day since the new section opened up, and I don't think they installed enough air conditioners to cope... or they were being really cheap with the air conditioning. Usually these big shopping centres are nice and cool on hot days... but I was sweating just walking from TRU to BigW, before I had even bought anything to carry. Once I did buy some things, I just wanted to get out of there fast, as it was really uncomfortable carrying bags with me.

There are so many Asian themed stores now open in the new section, which is still not fully finished yet. I counted 5 different Sushi stores now in Garden City, a MOS Burger, an Asian Supermarket now next to Coles, and a small "food lane" of 15 small Asian food cubicles/outlets.
    I like having different foreign food outlets, to sample different types of foods, but it looks like all the new themed food outlets are just Asian, and it's not just a couple either, but over 20. No European, Middle-Eastern, Central American, or other more obscure nationalities seem to have opened up since the expansion. A bit of a strange imbalance I think.