Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Colouring-In Thread

Default The Colouring-In Thread

Hey guys,

Having recently bought 2 original G1 colouring in books, I thought that I'd scan them up and post them here for the enjoyment/use of those with kids, maybe even those who are Primary School Teachers or just anyone wishing to be a little artistic.

My thoughts were that others could contribute to this thread by adding any sort of colouring in or activity book from any era of Transformers or, hell, even Gobots for the enjoyment of others; lets amass a large collection eh?
    Looking forward to seeing others contributions, along with any thoughts or comments of course.

Default The Transformers: Bumblebee's Dangerous Mission.

Last edited by Hursticon; 11th October 2011 at 01:30 PM.

Default The Transformers: Forest Rescue Mission.

Last edited by Hursticon; 11th October 2011 at 01:39 PM.

Great idea, but maybe I can save you some time on the scanner. There's a heap of scans online here http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~s...ooks/#coloring including the Forest Rescue Mission.

I've actually been looking at my G1 colouring books lately and filling in gaps on the Wiki. I wrote all the content for Bumblebee's Dangerous Mission because there weren't scans online for others to do it, and there's at least two more stub wiki pages for colouring books I was planning to update this week.

Cheers for the info Paulbot , I feel a little... I don't know now - I'll probably do the scans anyway as I have a Primary School Teacher next door and I was going to make her a copy of each.
    I didn't know this had already been done elsewhere, your work on the wiki dude is great too.

It couldn't hurt to have a local version here too could it?
    (For redundancy purposes at least? )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Cheers for the info Paulbot , I feel a little... I don't know now - I'll probably do the scans anyway as I have a Primary School Teacher next door and I was going to make her a copy of each.
    I didn't know this had already been done elsewhere, your work on the wiki dude is great too.

It couldn't hurt to have a local version here too could it?
    (For redundancy purposes at least? )
    Nope wouldn't hurt, and as I said the Bumblebee Dangerous Mission doesn't appear to be online anywhere yet... and people need to see blocky head Bumblebee being too short to reach the top barrels.

I could scan mine, but I don't think there's a single page in any of my books that 6-8 year old Paulbot didn't do a bit of colouring on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Nope wouldn't hurt, and as I said the Bumblebee Dangerous Mission doesn't appear to be online anywhere yet... and people need to see blocky head Bumblebee being too short to reach the top barrels.
    Awesome!, well I'm very happy to upload it for the community's benefit then; I've already ribbed my Father over how he could relate to the book though.

I could scan mine, but I don't think there's a single page in any of my books that 6-8 year old Paulbot didn't do a bit of colouring on.
    Haha, then it pleases me greatly to upload it at least for your benefit dude - I dedicate it to your childhood enjoyment of it.
    (I'm amazed you've still got it dude! )

As mentioned, my colouring books are well loved and used

G1 colouring books by Paulbot, on Flickr

I've even got the sorely-lackly-in-story G2 books, and some featuring those mighty Machine Men.

100_0269 by G2 and Machine Men colour books, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    As mentioned, my colouring books are well loved and used

*snip*
    G1 colouring books by Paulbot, on Flickr

I've even got the sorely-lackly-in-story G2 books, and some featuring those mighty Machine Men.

*snip*
    100_0269 by G2 and Machine Men colour books, on Flickr
    Holy cow! - That is an awesome collection man!
    I actually think I had that G2 colouring book on the right as a kid, it was either that one or it looked exactly like that but had Optimus' box art on the cover as opposed to Inferno.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind trying to acquire more now; if not just for this project, but if it's one thing I have learnt about G1 Merchandise Books (like colouring books) is that they're nearly impossible to find beyond eBay.
    (I've turned over countless 2nd/Op shops and haven't found anything for nearly a decade, not that I've actively searched each time though )

*1st book uploaded.