Thread: Anyone Going To Supanova Sydney/Perth And Able To Help Me Get An Autograph? Paid oc

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Anyone Going To Supanova Sydney/Perth And Able To Help Me Get An Autograph? Paid oc

Just wondering if there's anyone here going to Supanova Sydney/Perth, and able to help me out on two things.

I'm chasing - a Carrie Fisher auto, on the usual 8x 10s they have. Preferrably with my name on it.

An Ashley Wood signed print, or a free sketch if he's doing them.

I know there's time involved here.

I'm hoping this may sync up with someone's schedule/s.

I will, of course, pay you in advance for it. And include extra as a thank you. Please let me know what you would like for that. I don't want to accidentally lowball it.

I wish I could get there myself. But it's just not possible. Unfortunately. We've still got the random yet frequent break-in attempts, and problems with my own health, which mean I'm completely unable to attend.

So please. I need someone. Someone's. I would be most appreciative, and of course, be willing to pay for it.

Please LMK if you can help.

And thank you.

I'm intending to get Carrie Fisher's autograph so I may be able to sort you out there. I just saw the cost on their site, man that scribble ain't cheap.
    Can't help you out with Ashley Wood, Perth only.

Yeah, thinking about going... not sure if I'm gonna get Carrie Fisher's autograph. As much as I'd love it, firstly it wouldn't be cheap, and secondly I'd have to stand in line for hours to get it. My daughter says she wants to go, so it'd be horribly unfair to make her stand in line with me for that long.

gamblor: would you be able to get Fisher's autograph for me too? I'd be willing to stand in line myself if I didn't have a preschooler in tow with me.

Well I don't want to be the jackass who brings half a dozen things to sign, but that said I'll see what I can do.

Oh right... I only wanted one signature, but if you've got a whole bunch of other requests, then that's okay. If you can fit me in that'd be much appreciated, but if you can't it's no biggie.

Message incoming, Gamblor.

It's expensive, but, I guess she knows she can get away with charging that much.

And that idiots like us will pay it.

That's not entirely fair. It is very expensive to get international guests to come down here, and often the bigger the star the more they cost. Things to consider include:
    + Return First Class airfare for the star and their staff
    + Five Star accommodation for the star and staff
    + Quality meals for star and staff
    + Paying fees: appearance fee, agent's fee etc etc.

Oh I know all that.

I've seen the exact figures it cost for some of the big names for years past, and it's not pretty, or easy.

$80 is rather ridiculous.

But it's moreso that your other, $50 guests, are wildly expensive in comparison to their portfolio of work.

Do remember though, that not all costs are borne by the guests. They'll often be sponsored, which may cover say, flights and hotels.