Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Old 1st March 2017, 10:41 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifand View Post
not really, its also based on bulk not just the weight.

TT shadows......sigh....they need to improve on marketing, since Hasbro has already SHOWED the product, its no longer logical to continue to tease, I only can based a decision on full on toy pics. They lost me at Fort Max and they loosing me again. Oh well I guess I spend on something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
Shipping cost looks at both actual weight and volumetric weight and charges whichever is the greater. So while he may weigh bugger all, he takes up a lot of space so probably won't be cheap to ship at all.
Fair call. I do use MYUS.com as my US freight forwarder for orders from the US. What's great about them is they just use the shipping weight, not volumetric weight (they call it TruePrice). But in this case it's still probably cheaper to order directly from Japan than from say Amazon US, BBTS etc.
Old 1st March 2017, 03:49 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Listing up at PC:

http://www.premiumcollectables.com.a...con-dinosaurer

And RK:

http://www.robotkingdom.com/tflg43.html
Old 1st March 2017, 04:12 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Welp, I caved and put in an order through P.C.

At least it should look good with my SDCC Fort Max.
Old 1st March 2017, 04:35 PM

Aside from deco, what could takara add to Trypticon? I mean I got TT Fort Max because of faceplate and sword thingo, but I can't think of anything that significant to warrant a TT trypticon over the hasbro one
Old 1st March 2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
Aside from deco, what could takara add to Trypticon? I mean I got TT Fort Max because of faceplate and sword thingo, but I can't think of anything that significant to warrant a TT trypticon over the hasbro one
Would love a tail extension!

This figure has so much detail though, I'm really hoping it will blow Hasbro's out of the water for paint apps to really bring it all out.
Old 1st March 2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
Fair call. I do use MYUS.com as my US freight forwarder for orders from the US. What's great about them is they just use the shipping weight, not volumetric weight (they call it TruePrice). But in this case it's still probably cheaper to order directly from Japan than from say Amazon US, BBTS etc.
talking about that, Australia actually give overseas a guideline on Shipping by boat and for some stupid reason Tenso rejected at item which was no bigger than three Thrust MP together. No idea on the double standards. But my Thrust MP went through
Old 4th March 2017, 06:26 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

My only concern with LG-43 is ... where are all the other LGs that should be released between LG-42 and LG-43
That is a long long gap of waiting and hoping that Takara actually release some of the items that Hasbro are putting out in the Titan Masters line.

Fingres crossed its just holding off releasing Legends toys along side Movie toys
Old 4th March 2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
Fingres crossed its just holding off releasing Legends toys along side Movie toys
I think TT like to avoid their CHUG-based lines going up too high in numbers. Probably after the movie they'll start back at 0 with a new line or whatever.
Old 4th March 2017, 09:49 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
My only concern with LG-43 is ... where are all the other LGs that should be released between LG-42 and LG-43
That is a long long gap of waiting and hoping that Takara actually release some of the items that Hasbro are putting out in the Titan Masters line.

Well... on the one hand, a September release at BBTS would mean August release in Japan, and that's 3 months after LG-42 (May)... which was also 3 months after LG-41 (February). So not a sudden drought because of the Movie toys.

But on the other hand, after getting 3-5 Legends toys most months in the second half of last year to give us 19 regular release toys, we've just got just three for the first three-quarters of 2017... so I don't think it's because of the Movie line, as this drought started in January.

It means a lot are being missed if Trypticon is number 43, as we have 3 waves from Hasbro between the toys that TakaraTomy did so far (up to wave 2's Astrotrain), to Trypticon who will come out at about the same time as the wave 5 TR toys.
Old 5th March 2017, 08:21 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
Yeah, 25,000 Yen ($290) appears to be the RRP as seen on Action Robo.

BBTS also has the shipping weight listed as 2.8 pounds/1.27 kgs.
That's almost the same as a 1.25 litre bottle of Pepsi.
That's extremely disappointing, yet expected.
That's lighter then Phoenix. How's it compare weigh wise to fort max or metro plex?