Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

RIP Ronnie James

Man it's amazing to see the outpouring of musicians and fans alike in a time like this. The whole metal community comes together in such a situation, I suppose because everyone had respect for him, and has affected everyone in one way or another.

I for one did not get into Dio much, but I had respect for him for what he achieved and brought to music. He is up there with the greats and he will live on through his music, legends never die.

You know with all the musicians that I have looked up to and respected over the years that have passed on, I have been writing a song in dedication. Dio will have to be added to the list now.

I definately played Black Sabbath's 'Heaven and Hell' when I found out. But I'm not that much of a Dio fan.

I did get Dead Again and it's a pretty strong Type o Negative album. The album has many death orientated themes and every listen has given me a reaction of deep sadness. Would recommend this album to anybody into any of Peter Steele's work. I will miss him.
    Last edited by d*r*j*; 8th June 2010 at 05:06 PM.

I am all for tolerance, but this is downright disrespectful for these religious fanatics To Picket RONNIE JAMES DIO's Public Memorial Service

I can see bloodshed from metalheads if they did (and honestly I would probably be one of them if I was there)

It's one thing to hide behind a computer and say bad things about someone who has just died, it is a completely different thing to picket his memorial service.

Please note I am not trying to start anything on here, just trying to point out how wrong this is to those that have not seen it.

Having your memorial service picketed by those morons is like a badge of honour.

To them, maybe, but to the majority of people with respect for others own opinions would disagree.

It is for this reason, amongst many, why I am glad I don't reside in America as this sort of thing seems to be allowed all too often.

I mean, what happened a person's right to have a memorial in peace?

I'm going to bite my forked tongue at this time as I am well aware of the rules and that there are people here who exercise their right to believe in what they wish, but sometimes it becomes very mentally and physically strenuous when holding back a torrent of ill will towards those who feel it is their right and duty to force their will and ideals upon those who want NO part of it.

A Judgement Day is indeed coming, although I don't believe it will be in my time, but it will certainly surprise those who backwardly and archaically misinterpret ancient teachings.

I sincerely hope that Ronnie's Memorial isn't tainted by violence but I hope that all keep this in mind: "Do onto others as you'd have done onto you".

Not that I am a fan, but another passing in the metal world Slipknot bassist found dead in hotel

You're not a fan of Slipknot

I love Slipknot. Seen them when they first came to Oz and met the whole band. They even signed a poster for me that my dad almost threw out when I moved out of home and got married Luckily, my wife came to the same show and had a signed poster as well.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Any metalheads in Western Sydney, Darker Half and Lord are playing at the Embassy in Penrith tonight, for $5. Starts at 8pm. And apparently if it all goes well, it will be a weekly thing for the Embassy to have a metal night on Thursdays.