Thread: Kmart Clearing out Transformers before POTP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kmart Clearing out Transformers before POTP

People have been seeing a lot of the yellow clearance tags at Kmart in the last week or so, and with the Power of the Primes toyline scheduled for
    release in about the 3rd week of January in Australia, it looks like Kmart are clearing out almost everything Movie, RID and Rescue Bots related, to
    make room for the new lines.

(Clearance tags are for products that they no longer have available at the warehouse to restock the stores with, and these prices won't go back up -
    they will stay this cheap, or cheaper, until sold out.)

Not a lot of great prices yet, but maybe in the next week or two they might discount further. And more of their current RID/GEN/TF5 product
    lines might be added as well. (let us know if you see any others added)

GEN TR Deluxe - $19 (was $25)
    -
    TF5 Voyager - $35 (was $49)
    TF5 Deluxe - $25 (was $29)
    TF5 Legion - $5 (was $8)
    TF5 1-step - $17 (was $19)
    TF5 Knight Armor - $29 (was $39)
    TF5 Mega 1-step Dragonstorm - $59 (was $99)
    TF5 Tiny Changer - $3 (was $5)
    TF5 diecast figures - $4 (was $6)
    -
    RID Activator - $29 (was $35)
    RID diecast 2-pack figures - $7 (was $10)
    -
    Rescue Bots Dragon/Nightwatch/Tango Bumblebee - $39 (was $49)
    Rescue Bots Adventure packs (and possibly the Trailers too) - $29 (was $39)
    RB Flip Racer Launcher - $20 (was $24)
    RB 2-pack figurines - $7 (was $9)
    -
    Licensed RID Candy Heads - $4 (was $5)
    Licensed RID Mini Lunchbox - $5 (was $8)
    Licensed TF5 Mug w/ Marshmallows - $3 (was $5)

Last edited by griffin; 12th January 2018 at 10:07 PM.

Did Kmart ever get Leader Black Shadow? If they did I might check out what my local store has.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Did Kmart ever get Leader Black Shadow? If they did I might check out what my local store has.
    Nah... they stopped stocking the GEN Leaders after just the first wave at the end of 2016. (I don't think they got in Soundwave, but some might have snuck through)
    That was when they put up the clearance tags and were selling them for about $50-60.... which told us that they had stopped ordering the Leader class from Hasbro - which was a real shame, because their regular price was the cheapest, and BigW weren't stocking Leaders (which would have been the cheapest as well, matching the cheapest regular prices of other retailers).

My local K-Mart (Fountain Gate, Victoria) has the TF5 mugs for 50c, so prices on some of these clearance items may differ from place to place.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

All those prices are about what they should be selling for if hasbro actually wanted to move stock. I’ll be glad to see the movie stuff gone from shelves, nothing much sold in my local stores.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Another two items on clearance, which means they've run out of stock at the Kmart warehouse - TF5 Movie Voyagers ($35 - down from $49), and Rescue Bots Dragon/Nightwatch/Tango Bumblebee ($39 - down from $49).
    That should mean that they didn't get any of the wave 3 Movie Voyagers, as we've only seen the first two waves at Kmart stores.

Don’t think it’s been mentioned above but the big Turbo Changer Dragonstorm is $59 also.

All the Kmarts I've been to a bare bones with Transformers. Guessing the POTP toyline might only be around the corner
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Hasbro said the third week of January is when they can start sending them out to stores... which is next week. If the Movie toyline release dates are anything to go by, we could see them in some stores by the end of next week (if they start sending them out at the start of the week).

I ended up ordering most of wave 1 from Amazon, which might end up saving me a couple dollars from our full retail prices here, but won't get here until the end of next week at the earliest. (it took them a week to ship, and one package has been bumped all around America for 11 days)
    The rest of wave one I will get locally, when they are on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Don’t think it’s been mentioned above but the big Turbo Changer Dragonstorm is $59 also.
    Added to the first posting.