Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

What's the difference between Capn Jack and Clara? They're both fixed points in time. One is allowed to be immortal, the other results in the destruction of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    What's the difference between Capn Jack and Clara? They're both fixed points in time. One is allowed to be immortal, the other results in the destruction of the universe
    SPOILERS
    Clara has to return back to gallerfray (I know I mispelled it I never payed attention to how you spell it), but she is in a state where she won't age so as long as she doesn't accidentally kill herself, she'll eventually have to return to face her doom, which would be her death. Captain Jack? Not too certain he's immortal and that's all I know
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Don't forget the Face of Bo.

Also, it's "Gallifrey."

I've quite enjoyed this season, I think one of the strengths of Dr Who is that you can have one episode that is a slower pace and full of mystery, the next is fast paced and explosive and the next is something else again, probably scary.

I have found Capaldi to be a refreshing change for the Doctor as well.

it's interesting that they have finally given Me a peer to travel through time with. I expect we'll be seeing more of them.

I'm always excited for the Christmas special but I really can't stand that British comedian that they seem to have picked to feature in this next one.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    No, not like a clone. As they explained in the episode it is her taken out of her time stream at the last possible moment. She still has to go back because her death is a fixed point in time but she's in no hurry. There's at least another example of this in fiction that's nagging at my memory but I can't quite place an exact example.
    Would you be thinking of the Angels of New York, which was a bit of a confusing story about the mess of temporal contradictions. Or one of the many times the Doctor has pre-planted something, or himself (like in the underwater ghosts episode this season), to be in the right place when him or other people need it during the "present" time of the episode's plot.

I just think that for Clara, if she was completely removed from Trap Street, and the actress has left the series, it's a big loose end to just hope gets resolved some time down the track. (considering past companions return for guest spots, it's more than likely she will return in some future episodes... unless she's like Eccleston and refuses to ever go back to DW)
    We'll see I guess.

She's only removed from Trap Street for a moment, the time between heartbeats. No matter what adventures Clara has, she goes back to Gallifrey and gets sent back to Trap Street to fall down dead, because we've seen that as a fixed point in time. It's a nice way to allow limitless comic stories and audio-dramas with Clara and Me adventures (where it doesn't matter how old the actresses playing the immortal unageing characters look).

As an aside, there's new 'missing' Ten and Donna adventures coming out in the audio-drama series with both David Tennant and Catherine Tate returning, that I'm very interested in checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Looks like Capaldi's going to be calling it quits.
    http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-sea...di-final-year/
    Which is a shame, Capaldi was wasted by Moffatt

Christmas Special on boxing day. So exciting
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

The 'Finally' moment was good.

edit the rest was pretty good the kind of stuff you'd expect from Moffat when he was a writer.
    Last edited by CBratron; 26th December 2015 at 08:30 PM.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.