Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cybertron Collectors

More money spent on shelving is less money to be able to spend on toys...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    More money spent on shelving is less money to be able to spend on toys...
    ↑This.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Time = Money.

"takes me an hour per shelf to clean"

There are also plenty of inexpensive options: Ikea.

It's how I'll hopefully display my stuff when I move into my new place.

That said, I understand I wouldn't need as many bookshelves as you guys would.

I think they'd need at least $10K worth of detolf cases each. think about it.

50 book cases, space wise, you'd need at least 2 detolf cases to carry the same stuff as a book case. so we're looking at 100 detolfs minimum, at $100 each.

that's a hell of a lot of transformers.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Wow, I totally did not know about this until I saw it linked to on Seibertron. Two great interviews and lovely to see some of the toys in the shelves in the background
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think they'd need at least $10K worth of detolf cases each. think about it.

50 book cases, space wise, you'd need at least 2 detolf cases to carry the same stuff as a book case. so we're looking at 100 detolfs minimum, at $100 each.

that's a hell of a lot of transformers.
    This is true, but they obviously had to buy bookshelves at some price at some stage.

I guess another option is getting some acrylic cut and use them as doors across the front of the bookshelves.

A lot of statue collectors do it that way and it seems to work really well.

Not casting aspersions, just both guys mentioned the dust and the maintenance of said dust. As someone who's looking to setup his collection by finally taking them out of storage boxes from the garage and into the new house it's just something I find myself constantly thinking about.

Anyway, they are fabulous collections and I appreciate the videos

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    This is true, but they obviously had to buy bookshelves at some price at some stage.
    I started displaying my TFs on bookshelves in 1988 and by 1998 they had occupied 3 sets - one wooden bookcase and 2 cheap metal tool shelves. I continued to use those cheap metal shelves for years until I finally replaced them with wooden bookcases.

Another issue with glass cases is the hassle of opening them to access toys to play with. Which brings me to my next point - another way that I reduce dust is just to handle/play with the toys on as regular a basis as possible. I often take a random figure out with me every day. Today I have Bayformers Breakdown with me at work.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There was another collector who was interviewed for this so I'm guessing that their video is coming up soon.
    Are there only 2 Cybertron Collectors interviews? Or is there more to roll out?

Was Hasbro rep present or did they submit questions for you to do the video clip solo?

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Wow, I totally did not know about this until I saw it linked to on Seibertron. Two great interviews and lovely to see some of the toys in the shelves in the background
    Good to hear it go global & get the recognition both truly deserve.

(just keep away from the Bumblebee mask in future griffin )