Thread: G1 Bluestreak KO out now

Default G1 Bluestreak KO out now

The latest in the line of G1 KO's Blustreak

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transfor...sAAOSwfdNb0UW~
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

FatalityPitt Guest

Something I don't get about these KO producers - if they have the G1 moulds to make the KOs, why not offer them in different colours instead of just straight up copying the original decos? They have the Mirage mould, so why not do the G2 mirage that never got made? They have the Defensor and Menasor moulds, so why not do those G2 versions that some people would pay tens of thousands for on eBay?

I don't support those KOs (no way!). But I think if you're going to commit a crime that you know you can get away with, you might as well commit the one that's most profitable.

Anyway, it's despicable, and it's a slap in the face of MISB collectors of G1 Transformers, especially if they've been holding onto their genuine copies for years.

I'm surprised given how quickly and easily the Chinese KO brand new MPs that by now they haven't KOed more Transformers products from G1 to Bumblebee Movie.

Seller also has G1 Gears mosc card too which is a first I think.

Some of their other items might be legit (Generations Brainstorm, etc) but I'd be wary as they have multiples.... maybe doing more recent toys as well?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Lame. Need to step up my hunt for a vintage Bluestreak now. Not a cheap bot I tells ya!

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Something I don't get about these KO producers - if they have the G1 moulds to make the KOs, why not offer them in different colours instead of just straight up copying the original decos? They have the Mirage mould, so why not do the G2 mirage that never got made? They have the Defensor and Menasor moulds, so why not do those G2 versions that some people would pay tens of thousands for on eBay?

I don't support those KOs (no way!). But I think if you're going to commit a crime that you know you can get away with, you might as well commit the one that's most profitable.
    Because counterfeit G1's ARE the most profitable. The market for G2 toys is probably in the thousands, whereas the G1 toy market would be millions.

You have to remember, these guys aren't making a few dozen units to sell on ebay to desperate collectors. There's the whole Chinese domestic market to serve, plus they'll probably dupe a bunch of specialty toy shops and wholesalers in Brazil into ordering a few thousand units. The guy or gal in charge of ordering probably doesn't know a great deal about Transformers but they'll reckon that a case of G1 reproductions will probably fly off the shelves faster than their gaudy G2 counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Something I don't get about these KO producers - if they have the G1 moulds to make the KOs, why not offer them in different colours instead of just straight up copying the original decos?
    I'm ignorant of how this all happens. I understand, for instance, that Takara lost the original Mirage moulds. How do KO moulds come to be? Is there some kind of industrial espionage involved or do they just reverse engineer them?

And if they do reverse engineer them, in the case of Mirage, why can't Takara do the same thing?

On the topic of creativity, I do appreciate it when the rip-off artists modify the toys, such as the 80s toy company that managed to give the Seeker design built-in fists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm ignorant of how this all happens. I understand, for instance, that Takara lost the original Mirage moulds. How do KO moulds come to be? Is there some kind of industrial espionage involved or do they just reverse engineer them?

And if they do reverse engineer them, in the case of Mirage, why can't Takara do the same thing?

On the topic of creativity, I do appreciate it when the rip-off artists modify the toys, such as the 80s toy company that managed to give the Seeker design built-in fists.
    Most KO's are reversed engineered, although you have the case of MP-36 where the CAD files were leaked/stolen/smuggled out.

Nothing's stopping Takara from doing it, they probably just don't think it's profitable enough (or some other reason that does or does not make sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

The modified Dinobots from back in the day were pretty cool too I reckon.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    The modified Dinobots from back in the day were pretty cool too I reckon.
    Oh, the ones with extra horns, and indeed horns sprouting from their horns? Yeah, someone had fun modifying them.